Hydros Control 2 Review

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are the notifications? You are getting them for a reason.

I was getting pretty many but that is because my internet was dropping allot for a while. I would get like 20 notifications at once that mine disconnected from the cloud. I would get 20 because I have that many devices running.

Anyway I want to know when my internet goes down. It does not affect the Hydros but I wanted to know so I could get ATT to fix the issue and it gave me a really good record so they could figure it out.. I would have had no idea it was happening because it only happened during the day while I was at work. I mean other than that I have got almost no notifications and everyone I did get I was happy I did get.

I have outlined my experience in the "Official" Hydros thread but in short, I always get a "Power Bar 1 or 2 not responding" notification. It lasts less than a second though. I can't even open my app fast enough to see it isn't responding.

CV blames my router but there isn't another item in my house that drops internet. I even put a wired extender in my fish room so the power bars are getting a direct line of sight for Wifi. When I talked to Michael with CV we actually theorized it was a piece of equipment grounding out in my tank since more than once the whole power bar shut down and lost power. It isn't the outlet or breaker in any way. I unplugged every piece of equipment and slowly plugged them back in and found nothing.

CoralVue needs to code in a way for me to tell the head unit to only notify me if something doesn't respond for more than 30 seconds or a minute. I don't need to know the very second it happens, every time.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there something particular you are wanting an update on. I have mine doing a lot. Check out my build thread here starting on page 7 for Hydros. Just click on my build thread contributor banner to get to the build thread. Besides the normal things I have mine controlling my RODI and the refill of the three storage tanks in the garage. The only thing I have to do is add the salt mix to the mix tank once it is refilled and press a button that it is ready to use once it has had time to mix the tank thoroughly. I have a little more that two weeks to get that done once the mix tank is refilled by the Hydros.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there something particular you are wanting an update on. I have mine doing a lot. Check out my build thread here starting on page 7 for Hydros. Just click on my build thread contributor banner to get to the build thread. Besides the normal things I have mine controlling my RODI and the refill of the three storage tanks in the garage. The only thing I have to do is add the salt mix to the mix tank once it is refilled and press a button that it is ready to use once it has had time to mix the tank thoroughly. I have a little more that two weeks to get that done once the mix tank is refilled by the Hydros.
Just looking for overall reliability and how often you need to calibrate stuff. How long probes last and what are you replacing with?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for overall reliability and how often you need to calibrate stuff. How long probes last and what are you replacing with?
The calibration would depend on the user. The pH probe keeps track of the last calibration time. I have had my oldest temp sensor for two years now. I have three of them and I have had no failures. I have not used an ORP probe on the Hydros yet. I only have one probe port at the tank. I do have two probe ports in the garage. They are not a lot use out there. I do have two old pH probes connected to them and placed in the mixing tank. I use float switches for my water level sensors since they were already in place from my old controller. I have only had to replace one of those since getting the Hydros but it was in use long before the Hydros was even out. I do have a Hydros single point leak detector but have not had to do anything to it. I has caught leaks several times. I do not have any new probes at this time but the one used on the Hydros for pH is about 1.5 years old. Here is the calibration data for it. It is a Pinpoint probe. The first is before calibration and the second is after calibration. I will probably get another Pinpoint pH probe to replace it with.

FF119AE8-3744-4805-B9AF-887F8D409B71.png

7F91FB8C-2EAA-4FCB-A06B-64F0B7282298.png

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The calibration would depend on the user. The pH probe keeps track of the last calibration time. I have had my oldest temp sensor for two years now. I have three of them and I have had no failures. I have not used an ORP probe on the Hydros yet. I only have one probe port at the tank. I do have two probe ports in the garage. They are not a lot use out there. I do have two old pH probes connected to them and placed in the mixing tank. I use float switches for my water level sensors since they were already in place from my old controller. I have only had to replace one of those since getting the Hydros but it was in use long before the Hydros was even out. I do have a Hydros single point leak detector but have not had to do anything to it. I has caught leaks several times. I do not have any new probes at this time but the one used on the Hydros for pH is about 1.5 years old. Here is the calibration data for it. It is a Pinpoint probe. The first is before calibration and the second is after calibration. I will probably get another Pinpoint pH probe to replace it with.

FF119AE8-3744-4805-B9AF-887F8D409B71.png

7F91FB8C-2EAA-4FCB-A06B-64F0B7282298.png
Nice, thank you.
I mainly need something for my PH data and figured this was a good one to go with.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back