Hydros control VarioS pumps

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to use a Hydros Control X4 and WaveEngine V2 to control my VarioS 4 return pump and VarioS 2 skimmer pump with direct drive from the WaveEngine. Can I connect the float switches that come with the VarioS pumps to the Hydros Control to use for turning off the pumps when needed?

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to use a Hydros Control X4 and WaveEngine V2 to control my VarioS 4 return pump and VarioS 2 skimmer pump with direct drive from the WaveEngine. Can I connect the float switches that come with the VarioS pumps to the Hydros Control to use for turning off the pumps when needed?
The plugs on the float switches don’t match the hydros…so unless you replace the plugs the answer is no. I don’t remember the part number for the correct plugs at the moment. If nobody else chimes in with the part number, I will post them tomorrow for you. Simple to change out, if you know how to solder.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry took me so long to get back… had to do some extra research to find what I was looking for… for the plugs, they are GX12 aviation connectors…link below is for the ones you would need for the sense port on the Hydros ControlX…

This is a pin-out sheet for the Hydros System…I did not create this pin-out, but from what I have used from it, it is accurate.
04311E80-C129-46B9-BF1A-C944CD952B00.png

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you cant just unplug the float sensor on the VarioS and plug it into HYDROS, there is still a way. Both use the 0-10v IN ports found both on the X4, WaveEngine, WaveEngineLE. You could pick up the 0-10v Quad Cable and use the 3.5mm connection..you would have to modify the float switch cable to be a female 3.5mm cable. Another method..and probably what I would do...pick up a breakout box from JBAquaticsLLC.com and strip the wires to put it in the breakout box. Identify it in the inputs list of HYDROS and youre good to go. I use float switches for a few things still.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 11 float switches connected to 11 sense ports. I added the GX12 connectors myself and flipped the float so wet and dry would match the water level sensor type input. They are connected to pins 2 and 4. Below is a screenshot of all the float switch inputs.

C788841E-3820-495A-9F89-0E89410374BA.png

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i have a wave engine and it controls my regal skim.er and calcium reactor but the other 2 ports do t control anything I tried to hook up my varios 4 for the manifold and nothing

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i have a wave engine and it controls my regal skim.er and calcium reactor but the other 2 ports do t control anything I tried to hook up my varios 4 for the manifold and nothing

Create the output for the pump, signifying what it is and what percentages it's allowed to run. Then create a schedule for that pump to tell it what to do and when to do it.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create the output for the pump, signifying what it is and what percentages it's allowed to run. Then create a schedule for that pump to tell it what to do and when to do it.
I know how to do it . I have two other varios pumps running kn outlet 1 and 2 on the we it's just the other 2 don't work. I can even move the ewo I have working to those 2 outlets and copy the program and nothing I opened a ticket though and cRlos already contacted me so hopefully it gets resolved

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how to do it . I have two other varios pumps running kn outlet 1 and 2 on the we it's just the other 2 don't work. I can even move the ewo I have working to those 2 outlets and copy the program and nothing I opened a ticket though and cRlos already contacted me so hopefully it gets resolved
Yes, found it. Carlos had replied on the support portal a couple days ago, I just sent a reply too. Want to make sure this get sorted for you, feel free to send me a PM on here, but I will be much quicker via the support portal.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back