Hydros/ Mp10 ecotech

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon. I’m planning to upgrade my technology as the stuff on it is just what I had laying around. I’m wanting to do 2 Mp10 and hydros controller. What’s every thoughts about this? And what every opinion on buying second hand vortechs?

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, there are many caveats to running an EcoTech MP on a HYDROS WaveEnginev2, to the point it is not super worth it...IMHO. It's possible, however you must first have a WaveEnginev2, then find the EcoTech RF Chip, then make sure your MP is not running Mobius, ensure that pump is produced before Dec 2021....a lot of stuff.

HOWEVER, you should be able to run whatever pumps you wish with HYDROS :) So, if that is the pump you wish to run, simply plug it into a HYDROS Outlet such as the XP8 or WiFi Strip Outlet, and assign it appropriately. We can still have the binary on/off control of the pumps. When WaterChange mode is enabled, turn off return pump, skimmer...and your MPs.

Alternatively, look into WaveEngine...a solution for a plethora of your favorite pump brands. Everytime you purchase a pump you get a Pump, a Power Supply, and a Controller.... HYDROS WaveEngine provides both the Power Supply, and the Controller, so WaveEngine Compatible pumps like the IceCap Gyre and Reef Octopus OctoPulse Pumps are sold as a PUMP ONLY option at a much lower cost, just get the dongle adapter to connect to the WaveEngine. Major Cost savings. The WaveEngine v2 has 4 pump outputs, the WaveEngineLE has 2.

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, there are many caveats to running an EcoTech MP on a HYDROS WaveEnginev2, to the point it is not super worth it...IMHO. It's possible, however you must first have a WaveEnginev2, then find the EcoTech RF Chip, then make sure your MP is not running Mobius, ensure that pump is produced before Dec 2021....a lot of stuff.

HOWEVER, you should be able to run whatever pumps you wish with HYDROS :) So, if that is the pump you wish to run, simply plug it into a HYDROS Outlet such as the XP8 or WiFi Strip Outlet, and assign it appropriately. We can still have the binary on/off control of the pumps. When WaterChange mode is enabled, turn off return pump, skimmer...and your MPs.

Alternatively, look into WaveEngine...a solution for a plethora of your favorite pump brands. Everytime you purchase a pump you get a Pump, a Power Supply, and a Controller.... HYDROS WaveEngine provides both the Power Supply, and the Controller, so WaveEngine Compatible pumps like the IceCap Gyre and Reef Octopus OctoPulse Pumps are sold as a PUMP ONLY option at a much lower cost, just get the dongle adapter to connect to the WaveEngine. Major Cost savings. The WaveEngine v2 has 4 pump outputs, the WaveEngineLE has 2.
I didnt know that!!! So best would be to plug them into the power hydros strip instead of running them from the wave engine v2. How bout buying a mp10?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back