Hydros Upcoming Updates, Products, Possible New Controllers/Code Names

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a new Hydros Control 4 owner/user and have been watching the Youtube streams they have been coming out with as you often get sneak peaks into upcoming releases or products. On March 31st at the ReefDudes Wednesday livestream Carlos and Dave were sharing some updates including the upcoming software release as well as the new Hydros Wifi Feeder. A few interesting things noted below:

Next Release around April 14th:
  • WaveEngine Integration to Hydros Collective (existing WaveEngines being added to a collective will have all prior programing deleted); updated programing flows for this as well. Also note that if you have a WaveEngine added to the collective it cannot be the Wifi Master if another device goes down.
  • Mobile Device Push Notifications & Computer Chrome Browser Push Notifications!!!
  • Pages - allows multiple status 'dashboards' to be created in the Hydros App

Hinted at Upcoming Products:
  • Middle to End of April - Hyrdos TDS Dual Sensor (for Sense Port); boxes are in printing
  • Hinted at Hydros Battery Backup/Power solution (no specifics/dates provided)

Video Link: ReefDudes March 31st Stream

HOWEVER - I'm a software product owner and I keep a keen eye on software being displayed. At 22:56 in the video, it can be noticed that Carlos is displaying his "Devices" and there are three devices that have not been announced or shared:
  • ControlXK (Kraken)
  • ControlXB (Babel)
  • ControlX3
It should be noted, that these might be prototypes for other control boxes to come in the future or simply test units that they are using for demonstration. Anyone have thoughts on this or have heard rumors through the mill?

Control.png

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to join the Hydros forum here https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/

The fish feeder is available now. As far new control units. I would expect them to have some in the works so that is not surprising. Some of those may just be the engineering versions of units that have already been released thus the reason for the names.

OP
OP
Leiph86

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to join the Hydros forum here https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/

The fish feeder is available now. As far new control units. I would expect them to have some in the works so that is not surprising. Some of those may just be the engineering versions of units that have already been released thus the reason for the names.
Oh I've been a part of the forum prior to owning to see what issues users were experiencing and their support (which has been very good). They don't typically announce new items/updates on the forum until they are officially released. These steams they have been doing have had looser lips than the official sites/forums. :D

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not got the fish feeder yet. I am thinking about getting one on the next purchase. It looks very similar to the Eheim I already use. I got my Control 4 around the middle of November. I was using a Archon till then. I have been slowly transferring things from the Archon to the Hydros. In doing that I am now up to 5 Control units in a collective. The only things still on the Archon are leak detection and lighting. I will need some more input ports before moving the leak detection. The lighting I will need a conversion from 0-10v control to PWM control. So far I have not found anything that I have not been able to do with the Hydros that I was doing with the Archon. I think you will be very pleased with the Hydros system. I am looking forward to the pages on the new app. Once you get to the larger collectives it will be a big help to have things that are reoated on separate pages. Below is screenshots of my status page as of now. It takes a few screenshots to get it all in.

F05656F3-8457-413A-9746-300CD51C951F.png

A843B979-77FE-4CA0-8A2B-2821150A2A8D.png

AD410A6F-63C2-4903-8D6D-1E193C0CCB51.png

F8B0FAD8-5374-4A6B-B799-F60BF5253F17.png

OP
OP
Leiph86

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy smokes that's no joke! I only have the Control 4 and a 5 button push box for one of the 0-10v ports (right now just one input set up to switch modes). [Button box for reference 5 Button Hydros Switch]

I do have the skimmer sensors, water level sensor (for low freshwater in my ATO reservoir), and I'm eyeballing that feeder before I build my aquarium net cover. I'm looking forward to adding on to this and have enjoyed the software much better than Neptune. I'm also happy with their release strategy and hoping they can get more hardware out soon.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice switch box. I am doing my own DIY with pressure sensors. I am using them on my three storage tanks to measure the water left in each. On the DI tank I am trying a MPX5010. It is the DI Level input on the screenshot in the previous post. It has a higher voltage output than the MPX2010 I am trying on the other two tanks. It only requires a 5 volt supply and can be connected directly to one of the 0-10v inputs. The other two require an amplifier also. I am leaning toward the MPX5010 now. Time will tell. Below is photos of a test unit using the MPX2010. That one is on the mix tank and is MIX Level input in the screenshot on the previous post.

4C2B8B39-C204-41F1-B7BA-98471B4811C1.jpeg

B78AEB77-64ED-4687-A686-1CC06967C162.jpeg

Instead of coding you have the generic output that can have up to 9 inputs which can use AND or OR to combine them. This can be used with the Combiner output which is basically a output with two inputs from other outputs. These inputs can be inverted and they can use either the AND or OR statement. Since outputs can be created and used without assigning a actual port to them it is great for creating logic to the system. Below is a logic digram for my DI storage tank. On the Hydros it uses two generic outputs with one input. These are driven by the full and low sensor inputs. There are also two combiner outputs used. One is used to latch the fill output on once it is triggered by the DI low sensor. The other drives the actual DI fill port. The second input on the DI fill output is the inverted signal from the full sensor. This turns off the output once the tank is full. There is only one actual port that is turned on with this setup.

5D68FA37-6FD7-4D9A-9E4E-4609A7361FEB.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Leiph86

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice switch box. I am doing my own DIY with pressure sensors. I am using them on my three storage tanks to measure the water left in each. On the DI tank I am trying a MPX5010. It is the DI Level input on the screenshot in the previous post. It has a higher voltage output than the MPX2010 I am trying on the other two tanks. It only requires a 5 volt supply and can be connected directly to one of the 0-10v inputs. The other two require an amplifier also. I am leaning toward the MPX5010 now. Time will tell. Below is photos of a test unit using the MPX2010. That one is on the mix tank and is MIX Level input in the screenshot on the previous post.

4C2B8B39-C204-41F1-B7BA-98471B4811C1.jpeg

B78AEB77-64ED-4687-A686-1CC06967C162.jpeg

Instead of coding you have the generic output that can have up to 9 inputs which can use AND or OR to combine them. This can be used with the Combiner output which is basically a output with two inputs from other outputs. These inputs can be inverted and they can use either the AND or OR statement. Since outputs can be created and used without assigning a actual port to them it is great for creating logic to the system. Below is a logic digram for my DI storage tank. On the Hydros it uses two generic outputs with one input. These are driven by the full and low sensor inputs. There are also two combiner outputs used. One is used to latch the fill output on once it is triggered by the DI low sensor. The other drives the actual DI fill port. The second input on the DI fill output is the inverted signal from the full sensor. This turns off the output once the tank is full. There is only one actual port that is turned on with this setup.

5D68FA37-6FD7-4D9A-9E4E-4609A7361FEB.jpeg
Man that's some next level DIY! I might have to reach out when I get my hands more dirty with this stuff. I checked out your build thread and a very clever way to get the water readings.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back