Hygger

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DF7B4FB7-59FB-45E7-9576-92349EC8E5E7.jpeg

I’ve used their smallest Airstone before. Worked well I figured why not try this for the Fluval Evo 13.5. Not expensive and probably all I need. I doubt it’s 1600GPH lol. But it’s Defintely the smallest circulation pump or wave maker on the market. This brand is kinda like Jaebo the up and comer with out the price tag. $120 shipped off Amazon will look clean for everything. Guys I’d do Apex but this tanks not worth it.

Provided everything Works! I’ll have a Fluval 50 Watt Heater and Sicce Voyager Circulation pump for sale.

Tell me what you think?

hygger Wave Maker

hygger Heater

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering how this will do for a Fluval 13.5. All that’s fairly knew to market but I know the brand. It’s not a Vortech or anything but it’s kinda like Jaebo the up and comer. I think this will be pretty solid for that 13.5. And that thing is small.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering how this will do for a Fluval 13.5. All that’s fairly knew to market but I know the brand. It’s not a Vortech or anything but it’s kinda like Jaebo the up and comer. I think this will be pretty solid for that 13.5. And that thing is small.
I think you're good to go don't see any problems with it

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
$120 is on the higher side for a brand akin to Jebao. You can get the AI Nero 3 for $149 (when it comes back in stock).

Edits: I saw that the hygger is only $69.99

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$120 is on the higher side for a brand akin to Jebao. You can get the AI Nero 3 for $149 (when it comes back in stock).

Edits: I saw that it’s only $69.99
Yeah $120 with the heater set up. I wanna ditch that Fluval and have a controller anyways. I figured why not try it. That wave maker is small too. Some of the comments were guys with 13.5s all saying they liked it. So we shall see.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah $120 with the heater set up. I wanna ditch that Fluval and have a controller anyways. I figured why not try it. That wave maker is small too. Some of the comments were guys with 13.5s all saying they liked it. So we shall see.
I got these a week back and like it so far. Comes with an app too.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these a week back and like it so far. Comes with an app too.

That was gonna be my first choice or the SW-2. But I know those things can really move some water. That was my fear.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edited it to provide links for those of you curious. I know the products newer to them as I’ve seen their stuff before.

Yevoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Hygger heater. The controller in it was actually better than the BRS controller.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like hygger brand. Its had its issues but so does every other brand out there.
Ive had two if their titanium heaters running very reliably for the last year.
Yeah their Mini Airstone worked well and I’ve noticed more and more products comming out. Nothing looks unprofessional or cheap. They could just make some basic stuff but they are going after the better end of the market without asking for a ton of money. I was gonna buy and ink bird but then I saw that. I’m like well let’s try it. The Circulation Pump is 2020 tho. So that’s gonna be a test for sure. If it works they have the smallest pump on the market.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 of the nano wave makers. I have one on a biocube 14 and two in a 36" 30g long. I also have a Hygger 1033gph dc return pump on the 30g. As long as you ignore the 1600gph rating they are fine. One is more than adequate for the biocube 14, I have it turned down. At full power the sand was being pushed over from where I put it (not to be confused with blown around. Like the next day it would be a half inch lower on one side and higher on the opposite side). I have the two in the 30g maxed out and the return pump running about 75% but it's a bare bottom with no soft corals. I've only had any of them for 6 months or less but none have had any issues so far. The small form factor and clean looks is what sold me. Would not use on anything larger (if you need 5 of them defeats the purpose of the small form factor).

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Hygger heater. The controller in it was actually better than the BRS controller.
Question is who has had the Wavemaker. I decided to spring for both since it’ll be a clean set up. But that Wavemaker is 2020. All I know is a few reviews from Fluval 13.5 guys in their and they like it. Plus those Dimensions I’m extra liking.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 of the nano wave makers. I have one on a biocube 14 and two in a 36" 30g long. I also have a Hygger 1033gph dc return pump on the 30g. As long as you ignore the 1600gph rating they are fine. One is more than adequate for the biocube 14, I have it turned down. At full power the sand was being pushed over from where I put it (not to be confused with blown around. Like the next day it would be a half inch lower on one side and higher on the opposite side). I have the two in the 30g maxed out and the return pump running about 75% but it's a bare bottom with no soft corals. I've only had any of them for 6 months or less but none have had any issues so far. The small form factor and clean looks is what sold me. Would not use on anything larger (if you need 5 of them defeats the purpose of the small form factor).
And their it is! The post I was waiting for. Looks like my wall is going to be hygger. Lol. Yeah I figured they were decent. Same I wanted clean looks not to break bank and functional. I figured that 1600gph was a joke. But I saw a few videos on Amazon And said well it’s defintely moving some water. Plus that think is tiny which is so desperately needed in the Nano hobby. Other think that drew me to that heater 6.75 inches. I don’t have to squeeze it around that return pump lol.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel Free to chime in. Hygger is kinda newer to the game. I’m gonna go ahead and give this setup a try. I wanted similar branding and looks as this is going to mount on my dry wall. Small tank needs to be minimal and clean and cheap. The big fear will be reliability. But I think I got enough here to warrant a test run with the brand.

Appreciate everyone’s help! I’ll post back too some pictures when I get it and let you guys know what I think.

iamahab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel Free to chime in. Hygger is kinda newer to the game. I’m gonna go ahead and give this setup a try. I wanted similar branding and looks as this is going to mount on my dry wall. Small tank needs to be minimal and clean and cheap. The big fear will be reliability. But I think I got enough here to warrant a test run with the brand.

Appreciate everyone’s help! I’ll post back too some pictures when I get it and let you guys know what I think.
The one I bought a few months has already **** the bed. I will order another one despite the short life of the one I have. They are the perfect size for my tank( evo 13.5)

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone submerged the “dry” side magnet? I contacted Hygger and they said you could safely submerge it, it says it’s IPX8 on it as well. But, was just wondering if anyone has done it yet? I’m going to put it in my return section of my Fluval evo 13.5.

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone submerged the “dry” side magnet? I contacted Hygger and they said you could safely submerge it, it says it’s IPX8 on it as well. But, was just wondering if anyone has done it yet? I’m going to put it in my return section of my Fluval evo 13.5.
I currently have mine in a ziplock bag on my AIO.. so curious to know if you submerged the magnet/ what we’re the results?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back