Hygger

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this wavemaker in my evo 13.5 and it works a charm. Silent, and I have it set to random 24 hrs a day. It's given the tank a great flow.

Has anyone submerged the “dry” side magnet? I contacted Hygger and they said you could safely submerge it, it says it’s IPX8 on it as well. But, was just wondering if anyone has done it yet? I’m going to put it in my return section of my Fluval evo 13.5.

I also sent a request asking for this answer and they said it would be fine, however I ended up wanting the wavemaker opposite the return or at least intersecting it to make something more churny and random. I have it on the 'back' of the tank, which for me is on one of the long sides, opposite the return so it points towards the front of the tank. I angled everything to intersect and have a split return, so there's no dead areas for flow, though there are definitely high and lower spots.

Two thumbs up from me for this piece of equipment.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank was broken down, but I never had problems with it being in there that I know of. It is a great little powerhead. I do like the idea of it being in a small ziplock however.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back