Hypo or Copper?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right.

I'd say you could remove the meds tomorrow after a thorough looking over. Keeping him a couple more days to be sure no more signs of infection are lingering is always a good idea, but he can go back in the display I'd say.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you could remove the meds tomorrow after a thorough looking over. Keeping him a couple more days to be sure no more signs of infection are lingering is always a good idea, but he can go back in the display I'd say.

+1

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We may not know the side to this butterfly mystery disease but siren ow the cure, dang right! [emoji41] job!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We may not know the side to this butterfly mystery disease but siren ow the cure, dang right! [emoji41] job!

The "triple threat" is a great combo of antibiotics to use because it treats such a wide spectrum of bacterial diseases. In addition, metro also treats Brooklynella & Uronema.

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is doing very well...... in the display! Yea!

Now I have room for more fish.

Just laid down an order for a yellow belly Regal Angel.

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the CCB has just about completely healed. I do notice some white specs that I'll watch.

They look well however, normal activity and eating.
IMG_3326.JPG

She looks amazing.
IMG_3330.JPG

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sat in front of my tank every day for hours since I added them back. Long time to go fallow, but worth it now.

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper power. I'll fight anyone to the death who says this stuff doesn't work. I've cured purple tangs, naso tangs, angelfish, puffers, rabbitfish with this stuff no problem. I have a whole way of how I do it if anyone is interested. I promise it works.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper power. I'll fight anyone to the death who says this stuff doesn't work. I've cured purple tangs, naso tangs, angelfish, puffers, rabbitfish with this stuff no problem. I have a whole way of how I do it if anyone is interested. I promise it works.

I'm interested. I've used cupramine copper for years now with great results, but I have noticed it's harsh on some fish. If I can get the same results with less side affects, I be willing to try another brand.

I'm interested to hear your way and dosage vs what @Humblefish and others use.

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested. I've used cupramine copper for years now with great results, but I have noticed it's harsh on some fish. If I can get the same results with less side affects, I be willing to try another brand.

I'm interested to hear your way and dosage vs what @Humblefish and others use.

IMG_2358.JPG

Here's my method:
I use a regular 20 gallon tank
Add a 100 watt heater.
Temperature 82F
Put a koralia 550 and aim it towards the top of the water so their is a lot of aeration and oxygen exchange
Put a medium/large sized rock that I won't use again. Size depends on the fish.
No light just water light source from the room or a window
I first add the sick fish let it get used to the water for an hour or so.
I then add the given amount for 20 gallons.
And I usually add a hang on the back filter like I use a fluval c2 with a filter floss pad to pick up poop and any debris and I'll change that out a couple times a week. No carbon or bacteria media. Salinity I keep it usually around 1.022-1.023. pH I try to aim it as high as I can go so around 8.2 but also give room for fluctuations. And I'll feed the fish only frozen food thawed with garlic extreme by Kent marine or hustling guard by seachem. And if I do feed pellets they have to have garlic. Garlic just makes the slime coat thicker. I don't test for copper. When water evaporates within the time the fish is their I just top off with regular mixed saltwater. The key thing is to make the fish's slime coat very thick so ich hast trouble attaching on the fish. But usually with copper power ich goes away within a week. I've gone from catching a fish from the very first day I see ich to a couple of weeks. This stuff works fast I swear by it. You also want to give the fish the least amount of stress possible so the no light, higher temperature, lower salinity, garlic soaked frozen food, and a good hiding space are the key components. And a lot of flow to try to kick the ich. That's a good name for a ich medication lol. Kick the Ich. I'm gonna patent that ha. But no honestly this stuff works. I've used cupramine and it works if you catch the fish in time and do all the process and steps but I just love this stuff. I always keep it on hand just in case.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tisk tisk tisk! ha ha...you need to test that copper!

No for real, you sound like you gotta a plan that's working for you! I really would start testing the copper levels though. :eek::D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back