kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the stock or Steves LED light?
It was stock until 2 days ago. I added 2 12” actinic LED strips from 21 LED USA. I looked in to Steve’s but felt the par would be to much for my predominately LPS and softie tank. The strips were on sale $39 ( for both) with free shipping. Can post a pic of the set up when I get home from work if you want.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was stock until 2 days ago. I added 2 12” actinic LED strips from 21 LED USA. I looked in to Steve’s but felt the par would be to much for my predominately LPS and softie tank. The strips were on sale $39 ( for both) with free shipping. Can post a pic of the set up when I get home from work if you want.
YES PLEASE. I didn't think stock would provide enough PAR for a torch.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A
Also.... did you do any of their add ons?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A

Also.... did you do any of their add ons?
Watch-out! Cube-moders! hehe - Does anyone offer cube mod kits? Like with all the fasteners and stuff to make the install all sleek.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 torches were purchased as single heads. Both now have 3 heads and all are midway splitting, so soon 6 heads on each. This all occurred with the stock lighting and feeding. As you can see they are placed higher in the tank than you see in most tanks. I really didn’t add the additional LEDs for more PAR, going against a recent thread, I hate the way the coral’s colors wash out when under full whites and I was hoping the addition of more blues would retain more color. I won’t know until my next day off on Sunday.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch-out! Cube-moders! hehe - Does anyone offer cube mod kits? Like with all the fasteners and stuff to make the install all sleek.
I don’t, i I just used 3M. What part of the Midwest are you at?

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant on the lights. I went to their site and there were add on options to the lights that you could select. Curious if /and which ones you went with.
OH, sorry, I went to public school! I was not aware they offered upgrades for their lights, so no but I’ll take a look. I would assume pricey?

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: me too on school. No, not pricey. power supply, dimmer switches ect.
I just looked at it but it doesn’t give PAR levels like Steve’s does. If I was running an sps dominant tank I probably have that or Steve’s. Still concerned if it’s similar to Steve’s it would bleach out my Lps and softies. Would definitely have to move my torches to the bottom 1/3 of the tank. With the lightning I’ve been running I’ve been getting nice growth even my birds nest and my lates addition a red monti cap ( probably the only sps I’ll have)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at it but it doesn’t give PAR levels like Steve’s does. If I was running an sps dominant tank I probably have that or Steve’s. Still concerned if it’s similar to Steve’s it would bleach out my Lps and softies. Would definitely have to move my torches to the bottom 1/3 of the tank. With the lightning I’ve been running I’ve been getting nice growth even my birds nest and my lates addition a red monti cap ( probably the only sps I’ll have)
Yeah… I’m not interested in SPS. My cube is going to be softie and LPS only. I’m definitely interested in how you installed yours. Send info later, when you get a chance. I’d love to see under your hood. :winking-face-with-tongue: Thanks!

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah… I’m not interested in SPS. My cube is going to be softie and LPS only. I’m definitely interested in how you installed yours. Send info later, when you get a chance. I’d love to see under your hood. :winking-face-with-tongue: Thanks!
Will do I have a rather long commute, if i get out in time I should be home about 8:10 Ohio time. I’ll have it posted about 8:30.

Springs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great pictures and posts. I just bought the same lights for my biocube. Did you use the standard 3M double sided sticky tape? When you got your lights, did they come with any wiring directions? I think I have it figured out, but would love to avoid a mistake.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back