I’m New To This

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m new to this forum stuff and very new to saltwater tanks, I live in Northern Michigan so I’m curious if there are any others out there from around here? I have yet to start a tank and may be a ways out from starting it but I’ve been researching like crazy and continue to do so. I’m excited to join this community and find help for different issues I run into along the way.

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! You can find the answers to any questions you might have here!!! Everyone is great, and there are people running just about every kind of tank you can imagine! I started my first saltwater tank about 6 months ago and i attribute my (so far) success to this form!! I know its intimidating, but you can do it! Go slow and you will find success!

OP
OP
Skeeter4890

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! You can find the answers to any questions you might have here!!! Everyone is great, and there are people running just about every kind of tank you can imagine! I started my first saltwater tank about 6 months ago and i attribute my (so far) success to this form!! I know its intimidating, but you can do it! Go slow and you will find success!
Thanks razor I appreciate it yeah I’m still a ways out from starting a tank just based on looking for a house so I don’t want to start a tank then have to move it in a year or year and a half unless I can get into a smaller tank to start with.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard R2R brother much luck to you, remember when I was new just short time ago I’m still a reef virgin, but the awesome people here have been there for me every step of the way,, and I’ll be here to help you anyway I can just reach out

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks razor I appreciate it yeah I’m still a ways out from starting a tank just based on looking for a house so I don’t want to start a tank then have to move it in a year or year and a half unless I can get into a smaller tank to start with.
Thats a good idea, breaking down a tank is never fun! If i could do one thing different i would have went bigger with my first tank.

i started the salt world with the 16gal biocube. Honestly the cost of equipment and tank was nut much less than going bigger. If i was starting today i would have picked the waterbox 30.2. Not so large that you find yourself needing tons of rodi water and huge mixing containers and such, but not so small that you have massive swings in your parameters. Just food for thought. Im difinitely no pro, just the one thing i would have done differently.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You've joined a great community with lots of friendly folks willing to help when needed. Looking forward to seeing your progress! Keep us posted!

OP
OP
Skeeter4890

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good idea, breaking down a tank is never fun! If i could do one thing different i would have went bigger with my first tank.

i started the salt world with the 16gal biocube. Honestly the cost of equipment and tank was nut much less than going bigger. If i was starting today i would have picked the waterbox 30.2. Not so large that you find yourself needing tons of rodi water and huge mixing containers and such, but not so small that you have massive swings in your parameters. Just food for thought. Im difinitely no pro, just the one thing i would have done differently.
Yeah the tank that I have is a 75gal but been looking into maybe getting like a smaller 20-30gal that I can start now that wouldn’t be such a huge job moving to a new location

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back