I am so upset with myself...

EHerbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss. I've made that mistake myself. I haven't gotten the gloves mentioned above... yet, but I came across a pair of 18" tweezers at a swap meet and I purchased a Flipper for my glass. I try to avoid being "in" my reef until I'm doing a water change. All placement, moving, blowing off rocks, etc. is done just prior to draining. And I really like the Flipper... tricky at first but it works great. Again, sorry for your mishap but at least you were able to deal with it before it got worst. Good luck & happy reefing.

shopping.jpeg

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the experience and sorry to hear about the loss. Glad that quick action saved the tank!

I keep a 20G Brute barrel regularly filled next to my 180G for (near-) weekly water changes ... makes me want to upgrade to a larger size in case something more serious might happen. (>__<)'

Steve1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news!!, but well done on the recovery side, it will be a lesson learned and people who read of your plight will take measures to ensure it won’t happen to them, I know I will, I have never had spare salted water at the ready but will do from now on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back