I cant believe that actually worked dish trap

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo back story: my wife fell in love with a damsel and despite my warnings insisted on getting it for her tank:. Spoiler Let: it turned out to be a giant ******* so lesson learned for her. However now I just had to catch it so we can trade it back to the lfs. The tank doesn't really have corals yet so it wouldn't have been a huge deal to pull the rock, but I'm lazy. I tried a funnel trap out of a water bottle, but it didn't work. Sooo we have this contraption.

20230712_173051.jpg

Started with a picked jar I had laying around. Next I needed a lid that was heavy enough to close quickly, so I landed on a piece of tile I had. I cut a strip out of a water bottle and glued it on as a hinge. Placed the jar in the tank and strung the cord out to hold up the tile/trap door. It took a but, but after 24 hours of occasionally squirting food Into the jar, It actually worked. I came home from work and the offending fish was in the jar, so I released the cord and he was trapped. Success! I can't believe that actually worked.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back