I CANT FIND A FILTER SOCK CHAMBER! WHY?

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I am having a hard time finding a solter sock chamber for a red sea max 34G! I found the media chamber but i cant find the sock chamber! Someone please help i just spent the last few hours looking for this stupid thing but cant find it! Does it not exist or something?!? I want this but for a sock

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I am having a hard time finding a solter sock chamber for a red sea max 34G! I found the media chamber but i cant find the sock chamber! Someone please help i just spent the last few hours looking for this stupid thing but cant find it! Does it not exist or something?!? I want this but for a sock

Is this an all in one aquarium? If so, can’t say I’ve seen a filter sock on one before

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this an all in one aquarium? If so, can’t say I’ve seen a filter sock on one before
What do people normally use to filter out particles and add oxygen to the tank then?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do people normally use to filter out particles and add oxygen to the tank then?
You can buy filter floss and put that in a media basket like the pic you posted. For oxygen, good surface agitation will be your best bet for oxygen exchange. So make sure to get a good pump.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would this be put in a media bag?
no. It’s just a filter really. You can cut it to fit your media basket. You’ll toss and replace it regularly. You can use ceramic rings if you want. I do but if you have enough rock in your tank, I don’t think it’s necessary but of course any extra space for bacteria to grow will be useful.

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no. It’s just a filter really. You can cut it to fit your media basket. You’ll toss and replace it regularly. You can use ceramic rings if you want. I do but if you have enough rock in your tank, I don’t think it’s necessary but of course any extra space for bacteria to grow will be useful.
What media filters would u suggest for all 3 racks?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can do a search for "innovative marine filter socks" to see the filter socks that are used for the Innovative Marine AIOs. I'm not sure if they could be adapted. I know there are also AIO filter baskets that exist

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do a search for "innovative marine filter socks" to see the filter socks that are used for the Innovative Marine AIOs. I'm not sure if they could be adapted. I know there are also AIO filter baskets that exist
Ok will look into that

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What media filters would u suggest for all 3 racks?
I’d start with filter floss at first and perhaps carbon. You can make your own media basket if you want. This is an interesting link. You don’t have to go all out like this guy did.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to inTank Aquatics website. They show set-ups for Red Sea Max systems.

RS1.JPG RS2.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back