I fear the end is close - help!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates should be up around 3 to 5 ppm Phosphates .02 to .03 the coral is hungry, feed it, feed, feed:). Also add some Vitamarin-C for the RTN. Vitamin C will do also.;)

Regards to lights run your white for 5 hours a day, not above 50% though.

OP
OP
R

rick_farr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no but you could use or make something to keep it out of reach like this (off the bed) do you have another tank or a quarantine tank?
shopping

If it were me and I had the time I would try leaving it and look to see if something is eating it because if something is then you can try to catch it and hope that there are no others. If you just move it you will never know until your next meaty coral starts to look the same.

This is definitely something I intend to go shopping for! Makes complete sense [emoji1303]

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like consensus is to leave it. I’ll ignore my LFS and give it a go.

I get a lot of flak for saying this -- the LFS is consistently the worst place to get information from.

Maybe it's because there's a LOT of bad LFS in my area, I don't know, but they are not the people to trust in general. They are the sleazy used car salesman.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any fish in the tank?

OP
OP
R

rick_farr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates should be up around 3 to 5 ppm Phosphates .02 to .03 the coral is hungry, feed it, feed, feed:). Also add some Vitamarin-C for the RTN. Vitamin C will do also.;)

Regards to lights run your white for 5 hours a day, not above 50% though.

I do target feed all corals once a week - I could increase it, but everything else seems to be growing so well. ( including acros, Blasto, brain & a plethora of sps .... seems weird after 3 months it decides to slough ) hmmmmm

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh ok - I had an angel that did that to mine....

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do target feed all corals once a week - I could increase it, but everything else seems to be growing so well. ( including acros, Blasto, brain & a plethora of sps .... seems weird after 3 months it decides to slough ) hmmmmm
I broad cast feed twice a day. I would suggest reef nutrition's oyster feast and rotti feast once a day.

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that stinks. I have a nice lobo myself that I'm quite fond on. I've only been at this for 3 years, but best I can tell is sometimes "stuff" just happens and there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe a parasite or disease in the tank that just finally reached him.
It seems like as static as we like to think our tanks are, they are just constantly evolving, and sometimes for the worse.

An idea though, how about you check it out after lights out with a flashlight to see if something is snacking on him?

QT might be a good idea too. I've has some corals turn around in QT

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back