I fear the end is close - help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rick_farr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nitrates should be up around 3 to 5 ppm Phosphates .02 to .03 the coral is hungry, feed it, feed, feed:). Also add some Vitamarin-C for the RTN. Vitamin C will do also.;)

Regards to lights run your white for 5 hours a day, not above 50% though.
 
no but you could use or make something to keep it out of reach like this (off the bed) do you have another tank or a quarantine tank?
shopping


If it were me and I had the time I would try leaving it and look to see if something is eating it because if something is then you can try to catch it and hope that there are no others. If you just move it you will never know until your next meaty coral starts to look the same.

This is definitely something I intend to go shopping for! Makes complete sense [emoji1303]
 
Looks like consensus is to leave it. I’ll ignore my LFS and give it a go.

I get a lot of flak for saying this -- the LFS is consistently the worst place to get information from.

Maybe it's because there's a LOT of bad LFS in my area, I don't know, but they are not the people to trust in general. They are the sleazy used car salesman.
 
Nitrates should be up around 3 to 5 ppm Phosphates .02 to .03 the coral is hungry, feed it, feed, feed:). Also add some Vitamarin-C for the RTN. Vitamin C will do also.;)

Regards to lights run your white for 5 hours a day, not above 50% though.

I do target feed all corals once a week - I could increase it, but everything else seems to be growing so well. ( including acros, Blasto, brain & a plethora of sps .... seems weird after 3 months it decides to slough ) hmmmmm
 
I do target feed all corals once a week - I could increase it, but everything else seems to be growing so well. ( including acros, Blasto, brain & a plethora of sps .... seems weird after 3 months it decides to slough ) hmmmmm
I broad cast feed twice a day. I would suggest reef nutrition's oyster feast and rotti feast once a day.
 
Man that stinks. I have a nice lobo myself that I'm quite fond on. I've only been at this for 3 years, but best I can tell is sometimes "stuff" just happens and there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe a parasite or disease in the tank that just finally reached him.
It seems like as static as we like to think our tanks are, they are just constantly evolving, and sometimes for the worse.

An idea though, how about you check it out after lights out with a flashlight to see if something is snacking on him?

QT might be a good idea too. I've has some corals turn around in QT
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new