I got that sweet after wc feeling

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure everybody who has owned a reef tank knows exactly what im talking about:bigsmile:.You know that feeling where you feel like you just jumped out the shower and got a great exciting day ahead of you,feeling so fresh and so clean after that water change.That feeling where you know the water mixed with your choice of salt mix came from a top of the line 0ppm RO/DI unit:bigsmile:.You know that feeling when your watching all that fish crap being syponed through that clear tubing from your tank during that water change.You know that feeling when 10 minutes after you plug back in your return pump all the polyps on your livestock just look like they put on a weave because they are so bushy with full fresh polyp extension after that sweet water change:bigsmile:.You know that feeling like you just walked through the gates of Disneyland and your kids are as happy as can be, well thats how I feel about my tank, when it looks happy I am happy when it looks like something is wrong just stay away from me:sad:.Well right now I just did a 15g water change on my 50g cube and I just had to let people know that are on that same planet that I am on (planet reef)I can go on and on but I will just end it here.Thanks for reading and let me know if you can relate to this.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh wow! LOL! I am feeling that way now. My tank needs a water change and cleaned bad! Plus it's getting a lot of bubble algae lately. I dont want to clean it but I know I have to.

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually enjoy doing my water changes and look forward to cleaning my equipment. With freshwater tanks it's always been a chore. With my reef tank I do 2 water changes a week. Both tank inhabitants and I are very happy with the arrangement.

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, you cracked me up....can you give me some of that stuff you're smoking? freeze dried cyclopeze maybe?

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually enjoy doing my water changes and look forward to cleaning my equipment. With freshwater tanks it's always been a chore. With my reef tank I do 2 water changes a week. Both tank inhabitants and I are very happy with the arrangement.
I can definitely relate to the freshwater cleanup chore as I have owned many in the past.I also look forward to cleaning my equipment.It is actually more of an enjoyment than a chore.

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I love the feeling AFTER I'm done cleaning and doing a water change. Getting myself to do it my frequently than every other week, not likely...

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 on the freshwater. That is why when I had my Oscar tank 1 fish, 90 gallons, 3 - 100 gallon filters. No more oscar tank. Now it is turtles. Now it is even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dirty Dirty Turtles!

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a second trash can on wheels, then maybe I would feel better. My first 50 gal can has the wheels, I use it to mix and drag over to the tank. The second has none so I have to drag it to my door and then I just dump it out into my driveway. I am sure my neighbors think I am nuts...

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for water changes:bigsmile:..I also feel good after I clean my skimmer cup and knowing that it will skim soo much better.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morn I did awake
Salty water I did indeed make

A trial of tubes it is to some
To them it's almost a war beat on the drum

Where they see hardship and calamity
I see accomplishment and harmony

So with the water almost nearing stale
Along came me and my buckets like a sailor's saving gail

A water change is what I have now done
Sweet peace of my troubled mind has now begun

And yet upon the calender I do see
The seven day countdown has begun again for me

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished my second water change of the week :) Removed and cleaned entire skimmer (first time in 10 months), changed the filter and scrubbed the glass. Very satisfied, though the skimmer is pushing a lot of bubbles into the tank. I've been having a lot of growth lately and I attribute it to very frequent water changes. Went from 1 red hornet to 3 in a little over a month. Chalices have almost doubled in size and really colored up.

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morn I did awake

You put Shakespeare to shame:haha:..good stuff!

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cleaning my skimmer on Friday nights when the ol ladys ex come to get the kids , gives me "something important" to do to keep from shooting my mouth off. I have found in the last year the reef tank cleaning has improved personal relations here, who knew?

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morn I did awake

Yeah me too:tongue:

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cleaning my skimmer on Friday nights when the ol ladys ex come to get the kids , gives me "something important" to do to keep from shooting my mouth off. I have found in the last year the reef tank cleaning has improved personal relations here, who knew?
Whatever it takes partner.LOL

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back