I had a great plan.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had this great plan and design for my RODI. Under the sink portable setup and would place the containers in the tub so no worries of forgotten overflows. And had been doing that but a pain to pull it out and place it a few feet to reach the tub. So, I built a nice little stand for the RODI canisters. Placed it and everything looked great except a bit short on hoses and the connection was leaky so I just kept the one hose without using the connector and filled jugs on the floor. Used it last week and filled jugs did my water change. And worked just fine. Today….filled a few jugs then…kitchen ceiling. Had to poke holes to let the water out. Only 1/2 gallon came out. I cleaned up on the bathroom floor about 2 gallons. I suspect I had only 3 gallons actually over flow so surprised it was that bad. So much for my plan. I will be back to placing it in the tub.

IMG_2395.jpeg IMG_2581.jpeg

HiggsUSA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, having a RODI flood is a qualification, congratulations, you've passed.
First time I ever hooked mine up in my first house I did it under one of those fancy faucets with a decorative cover piece. Didn't realize it was leaking under the fancy cover part of the faucet and flooded my entire guest room/guest bath. Fast way to learn how to fix water damage.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously
For the first 10 years I was always flooding my kitchen. The expense of ball valves and the such just seemed like an unnecessary cost. Surely I wouldn't make the same mistake again? Wrong.

10 years later (20 in total) and although my RODI is in the kitchen, it pipes it straight into the garage where my containers are. One day I may make it fool proof, it's a matter of priorities :)

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.2%
Back