I had no i dea anemone's did this.....

Zylski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it split normal like those pictures but it didnt pull apart very even and one side came apart first. Then it just stopped and a few days later i looked and it was back to one.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if this happenned then why couldnt it split all the way and then grow back(soon after splitting)?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zylisk-Yes,sounds like since 1 didnt pull apart,it did continue to split,and the smaller of the 2 had to have died or somthing.Im not 100 %%% on this,but thats my logical guess.

KLR-Im not sure,they heal fast,but not that fast that we would think they are 1 anemone,Im not even sure it the mouth structure of an anemone can be conbined after spliting,there is no good hypothysis to support how they could combine and then reconnect.

Nemo8710

Not that kind of Reefer!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting, But i would not says it impossable AS I HAVE HEARD/SEEN STRAGER THINGS.

Zylski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres what it looked mine looked like the bottom was torn. I know one half didnt die as there in the basket and i couldve see what happened. It just never finished splitting kindof healed then 2 weeks later split.

P1060783.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay,now I belive you.Not like I didnt before,but its kinda hard to.Please forgive me.

The only reason why its very hard fo rme to belive they can reconnect it the fact that they are very complex creatures.

Please look at the anemones chart here:
anemoneanatomy.jpg

It just seems very hard to reconnect the 2 halve,but if it never split fully I could see how they could possibly reconnect as every thing would be lined up.

Zylski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah this one never split fully thats why it did happen. I wouldnt believe it if it split fully either.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting,my pic isnt there,but Im sure you know what an anemone looks like on the inside.

Why do you think it willl not ever fully split?

Zylski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt mean i didnt think it would ever spit fully. It did split fully a few weeks after i took that picture. I was meaning that I wouldnt believe two completly split halves of an anemone healing back together.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back