OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue with FedEx. Not fish related though, thank god. I ordered a package that was supposed to take 5 days to deliver. Day 5 I started watching the tracking, it kept bouncing back and fourth from Detroit to Pontiac for a week after I was supposed to receive it. I kept calling and every time they said it will be delivered tomorrow..... Two weeks later It arrived damaged!

As stated, they were bouncing it, so damage should be expected.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So far, no issues with UPS for me.

Well it is the opposite for me. FedEx has always been better other than a few hours late once.

But like I said, you are taking a risk with either because they do not guarantee live animals and technically are not even allowed to be shipped without special approval. Both have notifications on their site about Covid delays.

If anyone orders something now it is risky.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this was my only bad experience with FedEx, I'd be very disappointed, but not hating on them. However, they have consistently missed deliveries for me and are horrible when it comes to customer service.

So, your story leads me to ask this question:

Why would you trust them with such an important package if past experiences have shown them to be unreliable?

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, your story leads me to ask this question:

Why would you trust them with such an important package if past experiences have shown them to be unreliable?

We went through using shipyouraquatics.com and followed their guidelines of shipping to the local distribution center. We waited for good weather, etc...

This experience was my last straw with them. Especially since the fish probably would have been fine had anyone cared to help. It was 35 minutes from my house...

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, for third time I am throwing away dead fish and corals due to FedEx's inability to deliver a package for paid overnight shipment. There is no weather delay, the package has been "out for delivery" for 2 days, and no one could give me an actual location of the package. I receive UPS packages literally every day, and sometimes they arrive earlier than expected. Things happen, I get it, but come on! If a package won't be delivered according to the paid service option , then don't offer it. I am at the point I will no longer purchase from vendors that ship solely with FedEx. I will gladly pay for UPS shipping and even send a label from my own account, as it would be worth any extra costs.

Last edited:

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ALWAYS Memphis. I started stocking my rank in October and have had 5 overnight shipments delayed in Memphis. I'm currently awaiting a shipment of frags that were supposed to be here yesterday morning. They sat in Memphis for 17-18 hours. I'm just about to the point of only ordering from vendors that use UPS.
I’ve flown into Memphis Intl many times and I can assure just about everyone, that airport sucks. Everything is either broken down, in endless construction or in disrepair. It’s no wonder why everything gets held up there. The whole airport is like a ghost town.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get in line.....
Cup Series Racing GIF by NASCAR

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good! Haha!
Ive got fish right now being shipped.
Ive only ever had fish shipped 1 other time and it was a bad exp. 1 state away.
My local mail man put a letter in my mailbox demanding the names of who lived their and who recieved mail. Or no mail at all it said. Lol! Wow.

I order coldwater filefish from coldwater marine. Paid 1 day ship. They 2 day shipped. 1 doa. Was.replaced by them.

Well see tomorrow by 4.pm it says.
D

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, for third time I am throwing away dead fish and corals due to FedEx's inability to deliver a package for paid overnight shipment. There is no weather delay, the package has been "out for delivery" for 2 days, and no one could give me an actual location of the package. I receive UPS packages literally every day, and sometimes they arrive earlier than expected. Things happen, I get it, but come on! If a package won't be delivered according to the paid service option , then don't offer it. I am at the point I will no longer purchase from vendors that ship solely with FedEx. I will gladly pay for UPS shipping and even send a label from my own account, as it would be worth any extra costs.

File an insurance claim with Fedex.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They're at it again.

I have another shipment coming from Florida to Texas, after the last one arrived 26 hours late.

This one appears to have breezed through Memphis and was 'on vehicle for delivery' at my local depot at 9:30 this morning. Since then it hasn't moved and as midday passed the scheduled delivery time changed from noon to end-of-day.

I'm pretty sure that the tracking changes to 'out for delivery' when the vehicle has left the facility so I'm guessing it has just sat in the back of the truck for the last 3 hours, and the target delivery time of midday has just been ignored.

Hopefully they send that truck out this afternoon and aren't waiting until tomorrow. :(

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not reef related but place an order on some gym equipment which left the same facility at the same time and somehow delivery got split into two different days. C'mon left and got all pick at the same time but somehow two boxes get left behind during transit... Glad these two days I'm working from home and didn't had to go to the office.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a order from Biota that didn't ship due to inventory issues but they did mention to me that "70% of their orders are going to be late from Fedex today" and essentially said I was lucky that by chance didn't have any more male mandarins. I agree and kinda glad as today was a bad shipping day for FedEx.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine actually arrived in the end, and the timing wasn’t too bad for FedEx; only 4 hours late.

That would actually have been fine if I had known, and hadn’t been panicking all day due to the tracking appearing to suggest it was still in the depot and not out for delivery. They could have just about redeemed themselves (aside from the poor tracking and it being incredibly difficult to talk to anyone) as at least they delivered on the correct day this time, but they shot themselves in the foot at the last minute by leaving the box on the doorstep and not even knocking.

Hopefully everyone else waiting for live deliveries has a good outcome. Due to my late shipment last time, my corals were actually in transit for 4 days and whilst they looked awful, some (not all) survived; hopefully a one day delay won’t be too bad. One thing helping at the moment, certainly in Texas, is that the temperature is quite reasonable.

Back