I have chaeto....and need to trim periodically.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only keep maybe a couple gallons of it in my sump, so I will be trimming it back periodically. I should trim about a sandwich bag at a time. I'm open to any trades. Of course I don't expect to get a $50 frag for it. Let me know if you need some chaeto and we'll see what we can work out. If you're new to the hobby and have nothing to trade, maybe a couple bucks. If you're poor and don't have crap to pay or trade, maybe I'm at a time I have to get rid of some one way or another.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium on Papermill always takes it in for trade, food for thought
Wonder what they give for it. I'm going to trim some in the next few days to take to Parrott Aquatics. I'm also rehoming my copperband butterfly there also. He's a great one, but seems to really like anemones.

Pinback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm new and looking to try this chaeto thing. :)

and ... maybe text me 4236163003 ...curious about the copper band butterfly price??o_O

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just trimmed some today for somebody else. It may be a couple weeks and I will have more. Hit me up on a couple weeks and we'll see what I've got. It seems to be growing pretty fast. I grew about a 1 gallon Ziploc bag in about 6 weeks.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're talking less than a sandwich bag, right? If so, I can spare that anytime.

Jeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it wouldn't take much. I'm getting a hob fuge from a guy in middle Tennessee in the next day or two and I have to rig some plant grow led strips from amazon up to the fuge and hopefully start growing chaeto.

I got a different bulb for my 75 gallon refuge that's a red plant grow light and a set of 4 red led strip lights, probably going to have the police show up thinking I'm growing pot or something. My old fuge light only grew coralline and hair algae, hoping these plant grow leds do the trick.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a BR30 bulb from Lowes and it's growing the chaeto like mad. I have never been able to grow it before I got this light. Let me know when you get set up and I can trim some for you. If you want the specifics on the bulb I got, I can get a pic of the box or an item number.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time, if you’re interested I can trade some art for some? It’s really all I have lol. I work on pastel and charcoal, sometimes acrylic depending on the pic wanted.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time, if you’re interested I can trade some art for some? It’s really all I have lol. I work on pastel and charcoal, sometimes acrylic depending on the pic wanted.
How much do you need? I'm sure I will have more before long.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno. I am building my sump this week, so enough for that. I would say the refugium will be about maybe the size of a 2 gallon? So not a whole lot. Maybe a sandwich bag full. Should get me started. What do you think?

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the bulb I have. Here it is, on sale for $5.38 now. That's a lot cheaper than other lights marketed in the aquarium industry.

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno. I am building my sump this week, so enough for that. I would say the refugium will be about maybe the size of a 2 gallon? So not a whole lot. Maybe a sandwich bag full. Should get me started. What do you think?
It should be more than enough. If your lighting and water conditions are right, it doesn't take much at all to get started.

Jeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back