I need a cheap ATO, any suggestions?

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, any sugestions for cheap Auto top off systems? I don't want to spend more then 100 dollars on a system.

Tanks.
 
Tunze makes one for $100 I think
 
I have the Tunze 3155 on one tank and JBJ ATO on another. I have had zero issues with the JBJ and a few with the Tunze. JBJ can be had for less than $100.
 
I have been using the Coral Box Nano ATO for a few months now with no issues. I think I paid $45 for it from reefbreeders.
 
gravity feed a float valve will get you in business for about $20. just clean any salt creep off it every now and again.
 
Buy a used ATO in good condition!

This. I got a used jbj ato for $20. Spliced an second sensor in for redundancy as well as dry run protection all for $35. The soild state components should last indefinitely unless they are dropped in saltwater or something.
 
gravity feed a float valve will get you in business for about $20. just clean any salt creep off it every now and again.

Thats what I use. I have a 5 gallon bucket near the ceiling and it gravity feeds to the float valve on the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new