Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting 6 dawrf seahorses
10 blue legged hermit crabs
5 pepperment shrimp
10 snails

What size tank will i need?

Also any tips for any of these will be very much appreciated.

What all do I need to set up a tank for these guys?

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do the blue legs and the Peppermints. They will eat the baby seahorses. They are fine with the adults but they will eat the tiny babies which will come every couple of weeks. My wife and I have dwarfs and found this out the hard way. That being said you don't need a huge tank for these guys. I'd say you would be okay with a 5-10 gallon. We have a 20 and it's way too big unless you are planning on a rather large herd. They prefer to be in groups where they aren't too spread apart. Just make sure you have vertical room for their spawning ritual.

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also be prepared to have a constant hatch of brine shrimp. I had to build a decent hatchery to be able to keep up. I just about have 2 hatches happening every day and feed them 2-3 times a day.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do the blue legs and the Peppermints. They will eat the baby seahorses. They are fine with the adults but they will eat the tiny babies which will come every couple of weeks. My wife and I have dwarfs and found this out the hard way. That being said you don't need a huge tank for these guys. I'd say you would be okay with a 5-10 gallon. We have a 20 and it's way too big unless you are planning on a rather large herd. They prefer to be in groups where they aren't too spread apart. Just make sure you have vertical room for their spawning ritual.[/QUOTE

welcome to r2r.it's a great place to learn all about your horses.he's correct loose the crabs and shrimp.please read tahoe61 link before ya get those critters.making informed decisions on seahorses is the key to success.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME,yea loose the crabs and shrimp.do yourself a favor and read Tahoe61's link.it will save ya lots of headaches and maybe a few $ along the way.save is probably not the correct term.it may give you more money to spend on more tank stuff.it's never ending you'll see.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back