I need a Mitras LX7 lighting project...

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just got my Mitras LX7s up and running on a very basic lighting project from the GHL website.

I have fish, a bunch of softies/leathers, and anenome and just starting back in LPS. That's about all I can offer as to what my lighting needs are. :)

Does anyone have a lighting project file to share that might be good for me?

Thanks!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't get any specific help, let me know. I can offer some starting points.

I have lots of led experience, but not with your particular brand.

Machpoint89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I added a second batch of corals. (Can find the details in my build thread .)

So far everyone seems happy with the flow and lighting. I'm running the following at it's highest point. It ramps up at

06:30 from 1% moonlight slowly so that at
09:30 until 16:30 (so 5 hours at level as pictured) then ramps down until
18:30 where it resumes the 1% moonlight night mode.

When I add corals I try to acclimate them near the sandbed until the open or just see how the react.

I did find a link with various Light Composer Projects So maybe this helps you?

Screenshot 2020-12-18 121132.png

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I added a second batch of corals. (Can find the details in my build thread .)

So far everyone seems happy with the flow and lighting. I'm running the following at it's highest point. It ramps up at

06:30 from 1% moonlight slowly so that at
09:30 until 16:30 (so 5 hours at level as pictured) then ramps down until
18:30 where it resumes the 1% moonlight night mode.

When I add corals I try to acclimate them near the sandbed until the open or just see how the react.

I did find a link with various Light Composer Projects So maybe this helps you?

Screenshot 2020-12-18 121132.png

These lights are so overwhelming to me. :) I feel like I need to take a Community College course in aquarium/led lighting. It's cool, but super frustrating... , but other people don't. Every single aspect seems to be so much trial and error that I still don't feel like my light is set up correctly.

I'm using the "Reefrockers" project from the GHL site. The lights are running more or less the same time yours is, but I don't have moonlighting, I just have them off. I've been told that the UV lights need to be dropped down to 30%-ish or you'll blow stuff out, so I've done that. Overall brightness runs at 80%.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back