I need an identification if possible.

ImNewAtThis

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
129
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral has been in the tank a little over an hour. All of the others have opened and are happy except this one but my mom doesn’t remember what it is. Any help?
image.jpg
 
This coral has been in the tank a little over an hour. All of the others have opened and are happy except this one but my mom doesn’t remember what it is. Any help?
image.jpg
Looks like a montipora of some kind.
 
Cyphastrea doesnt like high light or high flow. Put it lower or on the sand bed to let it acclimate.

Lighter color means its getting close to too much light, darker means can use more light. I like mine with a dark pink color, so I placed it as such. Flow....just not too much...this isn't like a normal sps..
 


At 11 secs, if you pause, you can see mine in between the candies and hammers on the left.
 
Cyphastrea doesnt like high light or high flow. Put it lower or on the sand bed to let it acclimate.

Lighter color means its getting close to too much light, darker means can use more light. I like mine with a dark pink color, so I placed it as such. Flow....just not too much...this isn't like a normal sps..
Cause its not an sps at all :)

Heres one of my ATL colonies with polyps open and closed.

20190927_183258.jpg 20190712_195937.jpg
 
Got me then. Either way, I know it doesn't like high light or alot of flow!
Its such a hardy coral in my tank, high light and high flow make it turn a different color and different growth.
Grows like a weed in my tank regardless.

It only started to receed when i had a crash event that wiped out my bacteria colonies.
 
I think you also have the dreaded gsp as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new