I need help I think my anemone is dying

Ashley butler7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning. Last night my anemone was not looking well so I had my water checked and they said the ammonia spiked a little and gave me some bacteria to add to the tank. We wanted to wait until morning to do so. This morning I woke up to it falling a part. We are also treating for ich currently but we’re told it is reef safe and all inverts are safe. Please help me

A266DB5A-2631-4C38-80F5-4ED11536751F.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Ashley butler7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning. Last night my anemone was not looking well so I had my water checked and they said the ammonia spiked a little and gave me some bacteria to add to the tank. We wanted to wait until morning to do so. This morning I woke up to it falling a part. We are also treating for ich currently but we’re told it is reef safe and all inverts are safe. Please help me

A266DB5A-2631-4C38-80F5-4ED11536751F.jpeg
Also we do weekly water changes and checks and our water always looks great

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure it’s dying. Ammonia isn’t good for nems. They’re very sensitive. As far as ich treatment goes, my experience is that if it says reef safe it either isn’t or doesn’t work. I never put any meds in my tank. You’re flirting with disaster either way. Either it damages the reef or you lose precious time in treating your fish. I recommend taking all the fish out and putting them in a hospital or quarantine tank. Then your tank needs to sit empty for 75 days so that the ich will die off. Sorry about your nem!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure it’s dying. Ammonia isn’t good for nems. They’re very sensitive. As far as ich treatment goes, my experience is that if it says reef safe it either isn’t or doesn’t work. I never put any meds in my tank. You’re flirting with disaster either way. Either it damages the reef or you lose precious time in treating your fish. I recommend taking all the fish out and putting them in a hospital or quarantine tank. Then your tank needs to sit empty for 75 days so that the ich will die off. Sorry about your nem!
100% agree on all fronts. In actuality you’re likely dealing with velvet these days.

How long has your tank been set up?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back