I need help identifying thia coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter racsoh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

racsoh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2024
Messages
244
Reaction score
246
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I need some help identifying this coral. Under the blue light it gets green and small polyps turn orange. The lights were off this morning before I left to the office. I received this coral a free from an order from AquaSd.

Thanks!

20241018_064715.jpg 20241018_064653.jpg
 
Hi everyone!

I need some help identifying this coral. Under the blue light it gets green and small polyps turn orange. The lights were off this morning before I left to the office. I received this coral a free from an order from AquaSd.

Thanks!

20241018_064715.jpg 20241018_064653.jpg
Cyphastrea
 
nope, you’re thinking of palythoas…
those aren’t stony corals, they’re a type of zoa.
(it’s definitely a montipora btw)
 
Hi everyone!

I need some help identifying this coral. Under the blue light it gets green and small polyps turn orange. The lights were off this morning before I left to the office. I received this coral a free from an order from AquaSd.

Thanks!

20241018_064715.jpg 20241018_064653.jpg
Chili pepper monti
1729817883392.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new