I need help identifying this worm (PLEASE HELP!)

nicholas6m

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone please help me identify this worm, I’m scared it may be a pest

733FE2C3-A42C-4B92-8168-43D0F84834A1.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Unfortunately, you'll need a clearer pic than that for a proper ID on a worm, but from what I can see, it seems to be polychaete of some variety, so it's most likely harmless.
 
Upvote 0
Someone please help me identify this worm, I’m scared it may be a pest

733FE2C3-A42C-4B92-8168-43D0F84834A1.png
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
We might need a better quality picture honestly...
 
Upvote 0
Not a pest (high unlikely). They are what make live sand "alive"
There is a very (extremely) rare silicone eating worm that can really chew the silicone and cause aquarium leaks
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new