I need to get ....................

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a thread where ETRC members can post there needs. You have an emergency and you need some help. You need a light for your sump and are not really worried how it looks. A used tank will work for a sump if you could get one that is the right size. Stuff like that.

This is not the "I want to sell something" thread.

Spenser posted this concerning a 2" strainer for a bulkhead.

Anybody got one lying around? It's one of those items that if I buy online, shipping on it will cost about what the part does.

or...is there any group buys going on anytime soon? BUlkReefSupply has them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to Eddie. Seems he always needs something from BRS. :)

I might be up for a group order for a small item or two if somebody can join to get us up to free shipping level.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need to start an "I need" thread for the local area. There are always things that we need and somebody has lying around, doesn't need, and just hates to throw it away. Then, we'd all just have to subscribe to the thread and get instant notifications of when and who needed something. Think a thread like that would do ok?

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably not be ordering from BRS this week, but if someone wants to start an order, I may be able to add a item or two. :squigglemouth:

Eddie

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is now a sticky. I tried anyway. Maybe it will work. Computer nerd. :nerd:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a pump, something to replace a maxijet on a couple of biopellet reactors...but I need something that pumps more than the 295gph maxijet 1200. This setup has a small ball valve to regulate flow, so I could probably use anything as high as 700gph.

Thanks!

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a Harliquin shrimp to enjoy a feast of asterinia stars. Anyone have one they'd like to sell or loan to me?

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair. Lemme tell you, they are really nice shrimp. I'm ****** still that the male died.... im gonna try to find a partner for my female... because the fact that they were a pair was so cool haha

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair. Lemme tell you, they are really nice shrimp. I'm ****** still that the male died.... im gonna try to find a partner for my female... because the fact that they were a pair was so cool haha

Did they eradicate the asterinas? if so, what do you feed them, choc. chips stars, how often do you need to supply one?

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen less and less. Mine went to work on the sand sifting star i fed em. This was back before the male died. Took em two days to devour the star completely. They eat like beasts. They should take care of your asterinas because they do mine. Hell i have to go to my lfs and ask to buy more or buy another cheaper reef safe star for em to eat. I feed mine like once a month. I just go but a bunch of asterinas or one big star

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a "plaque" of asterinas in my frag tank. I normally wouldn't care so much about them but not all asterinas are created equal. The six legged ones that you see on your glass are probably harmless. The bigger five legged ones I have found to munch on corals. I put two Harlequins in the tank and they cleaned it up in about 2 months. When you see them "out and about" in the daytime you can pretty much know that they're hungry and on the prowl for food. They are amazingly easy to catch with a net. I have a few asterinas in the other tanks and I simply catch one when I don't see any more asterinas and rotate the shrimp to another tank. Works pretty well. They won't absolutely find all of the asterinas so if you have more than one tank the rotation method works pretty well.

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect they have been munching on zoas. I had a nice size frag of some that were growing like mad, then all of a sudden they closed up for several days, and about 1/3 of them were gone. Did a dip and the only thing besides pods on them were the stars. Since dipping, they have opened up and are multiplying like before. Yesterday, a frag that I had gotten at the swap "disappeared", it showed no signs of "illness" the day before. I thought the plug had gotten turned over, but it was still firmly attached to the rock. I took allmost all the other zoa fras out and dipped, and once again the only thing on them were the stars. Sure hope it is only the stars causing the problem as a Harliquin seems like an easy and attractive fix!

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some micro brittle starfish if anyone has some close to meridian ms that could be shipped usps would like to get enough to seed a 40b & 95 with alot of live rock

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a pistol shrimp for my lonely watchman goby. Preferably a tiger pistol shrimp.

Knox_Legend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a maze brain frag. I had a nice one for a while and then had a fish death which went unnoticed and took it out.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 44 43.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.9%
Back