OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can always use new additions to my cleanup crew. I can use things like snails, hermit crabs, and may wind up putting a few emerald crabs in my refugium or sump. I'm open to about anything, so let me know what you have and what you want for it.

Steve W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a Protein Skimmer suitable for a 100 gallon system that they are not using which I could borrow for a couple or three months? I trying to get my bigger tank up and running but am a little short on money to buy a good skimmer right now.

Steve W

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple that are listed in this thread. You can borrow either, and if it works well and you like it, I could sell cheap.

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to have a skimmer to get it up and running, bioload shouldn't be much at first. One thing to consider in planning your sump is to be sure you make the chamber big enough to accomodate the skimmer footprint that you eventually hope to have. Also, that there is plenty of extra height under the stand to accomodate it.

Steve W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer

I have a couple that are listed in this thread. You can borrow either, and if it works well and you like it, I could sell cheap.

Where are they in this thread? Didn't see them.

Steve

Found them. I would like to borrow that unknown skimmer if that's ok.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on phone ant its pretty cumbersome to search and find stuff. If you search for posts by me with the word skimmer, you should find them.

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get an automatic feeder, anyone have any experience with them or suggestions on what one to get?

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Janie
I use the "Eheim Everyday Automatic Fish Feeder". I has worked well for me. I will tell you one thing though -- do not drop or knock it off in the tank. It does not work well if it is given a bath. :bigsmile:

Drs. F&S have it for $48. BRS has is for $40. (it is out-of-stock at BRS though)

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind did you get?

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great Janie. Certainly a better price than I found!!

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a pump, something to replace a maxijet on a couple of biopellet reactors...but I need something that pumps more than the 295gph maxijet 1200. This setup has a small ball valve to regulate flow, so I could probably use anything as high as 700gph.

Thanks!
I wound up putting a mag9 on the reactors but had to throttle it back quite a bit. I'm always on the lookout for good pumps and stuff though....so if anybody has pumps, let me know what kind and how much.

BTW, the Mag24 is a monster of a pump!! 2400gph is nice..and I think it goes something like 1200gph with 13ft head pressure. I have mine running in my basement, with 1.5" PVC running upstairs to the display tank...and have to throttle it back because the overflow can't handle all the flow.

Dapple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wtb T5 or LED 48" light

If any one has a used one lying around please pm me. I am try to get my tank up and running . Thank you. Heck if I could even borrow a light until after Christmas that would be cool too. My wife is about to go crazy on me budget wise lol. I do all my business with the guys at aquatic marine.

Last edited:

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for a heavy duty air pump to put out on a 60g gold fish pond.

Back