OP
dustinc

dustinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good!

Also not big enough to be your last tank ;)

Need a monster to really drive you out of the hobby lol

Happened to me, but now I'm thinking of getting something small.

It's funny we just finished renovating a 100+ year old house from the foundation to the roof and everything in-between. We're now in newer house (5 years old) and anything we want to change seems like a breeze.

Kind of feel the same way going from ~ 650gallon volume to something like 60-100 gallons LOL

Ha ha ha! I understand. I’m already planning the next one honestly. May be a bit as we are thinking of doing some major traveling in the near future, but we will see. Probably going to go 8ft long x 3 ft wide x 29” tall. Will probably use all Tonga branch style rock too for tons of open space and plenty of holes for fish to hide in. Good luck with your new tank!

OP
OP
dustinc

dustinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry this happened to you, at least the fish survived!!!

Thanks! It definitely sucks, especially knowing I did it, but that’s what I get for getting relaxed on my maintenance routine. Things are starting to look up though. Just added a Longnose Hawkfish as well to the group. He’s pretty cool.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha ha! I understand. I’m already planning the next one honestly. May be a bit as we are thinking of doing some major traveling in the near future, but we will see. Probably going to go 8ft long x 3 ft wide x 29” tall. Will probably use all Tonga branch style rock too for tons of open space and plenty of holes for fish to hide in. Good luck with your new tank!

Thanks!

Traveling was tough. We were lucky to have our MIL stay at our house and look after our dogs and feed the tank. I'd freeze two portions for each day. She would let thaw and dump in.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built them myself using 80/20 extruded aluminum. I've made some before as well. Very easy and a great way to get what you need. Let me know if you need help with parts or anything.
where do you get the 80/20 from? I am looking at building a DIY light rack with mounts very similar to yours.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back