Back to my Roots... Take 642...

dustinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years, I've had many tanks, from large to small, from kit in a box to full custom. I've enjoyed most of them throughout that time, but I feel over the years I've become to hyper focused on the right equipment and lost sight of what makes the hobby great. THE ANIMALS!

So I had my 200 gallon SPS tank that has now been up for about a year. It was doing excellent and having a ton of success, until I started trying to "fix" a number, even though the tank was great. My fix ended up crashing my corals, causing an algae bloom, and having the tank break out in crazy algae. My fault, but very frustrating. During this time, my wife and I welcomed our new baby girl to our family, so that caused the tank to become even more neglected. This made me so frustrated with the tank and I thought about draining and starting from scratch, but instead, I'm going in a new (yet old school) direction. I've decided to setup a new tank in our living room (SPS reef is in our office) and I've sold my old system. What are the guesses on the system? I've dropped a couple hints and here is the pallet in my garage a couple weeks back. This party is getting started.
IMG_2642.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say Red sea 350 or 425?
could of kept the 200 and make it in to a FOWLR that way you could have all those or some anyway of the non reef safe fish you have always wanted.

OP
OP
dustinc

dustinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say Red sea 350 or 425?
could of kept the 200 and make it in to a FOWLR that way you could have all those or some anyway of the non reef safe fish you have always wanted.

Very warm, but still not thinking quite old school enough. Don't think the reefers were around in 2012... With running 2 businesses, a newborn, and my wife and 10 year old, it's already enough handling 1 tank... ha ha. This new one is a bit smaller though to help with that a bit.

Back