OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And let me just say this in the most loving way possible. If you don’t like Reef2Reef then I really hate that you don’t but no one is making you stay. Either help make it better or use another forum. Complaining doesn’t help anyone. Don’t like something? Know a better way? Have a good idea? Tell us about it in a respectful way and let’s work together to implement some of these changes. Some of the best parts of R2R came from growing pains and the ideas of the community. Negativity breeds negativity. If you truly care about the community let’s work together to make it better!! I’ll do my best to take every idea into consideration and to implement the changes needed for the good of the community. Sound like a plan?
What if we could list how many years we’ve been in the hobby/special interests etc in our signature?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hobbyist that do not keep Acroporas would abstain from offering help in the “please help my acros” threads. I don’t know much about fish, lps, or shrooms etc, so I don’t try to offer any advice in those areas bc it will do more harm than good. Blind leading the blind so to speak. That’s all. Have a great Sunday everybody

We’re always looking for good members to step up to the plate and help in all areas of the forum including sps. So if you’re feeling froggy.... :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What if we could list how many years we’ve been in the hobby/special interests etc in our signature?

Any and all ideas will be considered! Maybe we find a way to vet members as knowledgeable members in certain areas of the forum and Reefing

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not going to respond to the aiptasia and hair algae posts in this thread but I will say that we have a cool new feature coming that will allow you to upvote the best answers and things like that. Not new to the internet but something pretty new for forums. :) So that should help!

Is this a product of one of these threads last year? I think this was one of the solutions we came up with, good to see some new features in the works to improve the site this way :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A successful community is one that has all of its members plugged in and actively working together for the good of the community. We’re always looking for a few good men and women trust me!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this a product of one of these threads last year? I think this was one of the solutions we came up with, good to see some new features in the works to improve the site this way :)

Well that was a test of an add on but now the core of our software will start including this option! :)

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an unknown on here. What I look for are posts like, "This is what I did" and "This is what worked for me." I don't like when one person tells another person, "You MUST do this!" Every tank is unique and different: no one knows the absolute correct answer for any stated problem in any tank.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A successful community is one that has all of its members plugged in and actively working together for the good of the community. We’re always looking for a few good men and women trust me!
The problem with advice is too many people give out and it created confusion. It will be much better for sps forum have a group of experts like Randy for the chemistry , Jay for the fish disease, Orion n for Anemone etc.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The problem with advice is too many people give out and it created confusion. It will be much better for sps forum have a group of experts like Randy for the chemistry , Jay for the fish disease, Orion n for Anemone etc.

The upvoting will help for sure but of course it would be nice to have more experts! LMK if any members stand out for this position!

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an unknown on here. What I look for are posts like, "This is what I did" and "This is what worked for me." I don't like when one person tells another person, "You MUST do this!" Every tank is unique and different: no one knows the absolute correct answer for any stated problem in any tank.
A long term hobbyist will usually provide several options with pros and cons.

And I am sorry to say that some problems fall into very narrow ranges of solutions making most workable solutions very very similar.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you offer advise you should be required to show your tank, I never see a nice tank and assume that the keeper doesn't know what he's doing.
I kind of agree - the problem is that mature reef tanks are very different than new ones - they're completely different environments - one is typically a net waste producer and the other a net consumer.

So often the advice from the guy with the gorgeous 300 gallon established tank - the advice that works great in his tank - is awful advice for the guy with his 6 month old newly established 50 gallon reef.

It's MUCH HARDER to keep a new reef than it is to keep an established one.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The resolution and the issue is in your response.
We know some of the experts as do you.
The problem is there not paid employees but just helpful members as far as I know just
Volunteers.

If they come across your post and if they choose to respond is another thing all together.

But as we know who they are we can message them directly, instead of posting in a thread thus avoiding all the unwanted rhetoric.
But there is no obligation for them to answer either.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral keepers only need a hot button in our signature that shows pics of our tanks and corals/success

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The resolution and the issue is in your response.
We know some of the experts as do you.
The problem is there not paid employees but just helpful members as far as I know just
Volunteers.

If they come across your post and if they choose to respond is another thing all together.

But as we know who they are we can message them directly, instead of posting in a thread thus avoiding all the unwanted rhetoric.
But there is no obligation for them to answer either.
Like most other forum reefer know who to message however sps is not. I only suggest that rev can come up with a list of reefer who can help in their own time so if someone have a problem or questions they know who to message for answer. When u post a question or problem on the forum u will have 10 or more reefers give u suggestions most of the time its multiple answer. For the person who ask the question he will get more confuse or chase a wrong suggestion which end up hurting his tank more.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of agree - the problem is that mature reef tanks are very different than new ones - they're completely different environments - one is typically a net waste producer and the other a net consumer.

So often the advice from the guy with the gorgeous 300 gallon established tank - the advice that works great in his tank - is awful advice for the guy with his 6 month old newly established 50 gallon reef.

It's MUCH HARDER to keep a new reef than it is to keep an established one.

This is basically what is on my mind!

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re always looking for good members to step up to the plate and help in all areas of the forum including sps. So if you’re feeling froggy.... :)
Do we have to be overly friendly, to a point its fake though? Or can someone give good solid advice and join?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most other forum reefer know who to message however sps is not. I only suggest that rev can come up with a list of reefer who can help in their own time so if someone have a problem or questions they know who to message for answer. When u post a question or problem on the forum u will have 10 or more reefers give u suggestions most of the time its multiple answer. For the person who ask the question he will get more confuse or chase a wrong suggestion which end up hurting his tank more.

Understand that for sure.
Many times I have read a post that a person responded to that did not read the entire original post. I have come across the what are your parameters question when the parameters were given in the original post. :confused:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was kind of the idea behind using hashtags. We need knowledgeable people to subscribe and respond to them: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/d...an-sps-expert-if-so-please-click-here.267538/

EDIT: Here's the opening post from that thread.

We're looking for folks who will help us with SPS questions and issues! If you know how to keep sticks growing and thriving, please be sure to click on the hashtag #SPSexperts and subscribe to it so that our community can use that hashtag to call on you all to get good answers to their SPS questions! We value your experience and thank you in advance for helping our community!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back