I think I finally have it stocked!!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week one of my Wyoming white clowns died. :-( So today I took a run to the store to find a replacement for him. While I was there I thought this would be a good time to sneak a Hippo Tang into that tank (the Yellow Tang I have in there was NOT happy about it when I tried before). I ended up coming home with a new Wyoming white clown, a Hippo Tang and 3 Blue-green Chromis. Very little agression from the Tangs thankfully.. the Chromis I had in there however is pretty upset about the new ones.. hes picking at them all.. ugghhhh

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the 55G thats in your build thread is the tank that you put the tangs in, then im afraid the tang police will start coming in shortly.

Tangs in general need 100g+ unless you bought a small one and have plan to transfer to a larger tank in a few months. Esp if you still also have the yellow tang

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the 55G thats in your build thread is the tank that you put the tangs in, then im afraid the tang police will start coming in shortly.

Tangs in general need 100g+ unless you bought a small one and have plan to transfer to a larger tank in a few months. Esp if you still also have the yellow tang

Haha yep that's the tank. The plan had been all along to move the Yellow to the 180 FOWLR tank. I have a Scopas tang in that tank now and I have been concerned about aggression issues with him and the Yellow. My thinking is that if I move both the Yellow and the Hippo and add possibly a Bi-color angel all at the same time.. The Scopas will have too much to deal with to single out one. Kinda the same mentality I had today, which so far has worked well.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly enough.. aside from the first 10 minutes or so, the Yellow and Hippo have completely ignored each other.. they just swim around doing their own thing.

Murphs_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move the scopas into the 55 and the other 2 into the 180 in my view..
The scopas could be a beast to the other tangs.. mine is a nightmare, but amazing underrated fish that I would never get rid of.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back