I think I'm Overdosing Triton Core7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Darwin stinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I started dosing Core 7 for the first time 2 days ago, Sunday. I have calculated that I have 137 gal or a 518 liter tank with sump. I'm dosing with the BRS 1.1ml per minute Dosers which actually calibrated to 1.5ml per minute. I'm currently dosing for 1:47 every hour with each bottle 20 minutes apart. Over the last 2 days my alkalinity has gone up from 7.1 to 8.3 and tonight to 9.3 I have now decided to stop dosing all together and I'm reaching out for help. As I figure that something must be wrong.

thanks guys,
Darwin

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is unusual, but not uncommon when beginning a new dosing routine for the amounts to fluctuate a bit until stability is achieved. Are you dosing the full recommended amount? It may be that your tank is not quite adjusted to the additional nutrients, could be flow/lighting related. What was your dosing routine before? Do you know how much alk your tank was consuming on a daily basis?

When I started a different Balling method my uptake was pretty slow in the beginning and increased over a week or two until it stabilized.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you by chance have a second test kit to compare the results with? I know the Core7 stuff is strong, but 25% seems like a very reasonable starting point to work your way up from. Is it fully stocked with SPS, LPS, mixed reef? Any changes in flow, lighting, feeding, or other routines?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back