Adding the Triton method to any balling method with Triton Infusion

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Triton method is quite a bit more expensive than other balling methods, but it can be run more cheaply dosing Triton Infusion together with any balling method. We could be talking big savings: with a 100G tank consuming 1dKH per day, you'd spend:
  • 284$ per year in Triton Core7 supplements according to BRS.
  • 58$ every 408 days just buying the Triton Infusion supplement (if my calculations are correct), plus whatever balling supplements you choose.
I emailed Triton for help, they answered: "Unfortunately we have no knowledge about this product so we cannot give you any calculation of dosage in conjunction with its use. Infusion is a product that provides all necessary trace elements for systems with a refugium that are using a calcium reactor for macro element supplementation."

Luckily, Triton has a calculator to determine the dosage of Infusion based on Alk dosage of its own Core7 balling method or "other" balling type systems.
Could someone tell me if my calculations are correct?

Let's use a 100G tank consuming 1 dKH per day, for example.
  • With Triton Core 7 Alkalinity, I'd dose 19.41 ml per day (According to this calculator)
  • With sodium bicarbonate, I'd dose 113.56 ml per day.
    • That's from a solution with 1g bicarbonate for every 10 ml. This solution adds 0.1dKH by dosing 3ml for every 100L (source).
Based on the Infusion calculator, my daily dose of Triton infusion in a 100G tank consuming 1dkH per day would be:
  • 0.49 ml dosing 19.41 ml of Triton Core7 Balling
  • 0.41 ml dosing 113.56 ml of sodium bicarbonate
Let's say then that I start dosing this 100G tank consuming 1dkH per day with @Randy Holmes-Farley's Second New DIY Two Part Recipe with Higher pH Boost.
Then, I'd be dosing 71.4 ml of the Alk solution daily (Calculator here). Can I then add a daily dose Triton Infusion between 0.49 ml and 0.41 ml?
Would the dosage of Triton Infusion be matched with the dosage of the alkalinity supplement following the infusion calculator?

Thanks a lot to anyone who bothers to run through my calculations!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back