OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your trumpet coral looks like it enjoyed the power outage. That thing is bright! Glad you had a positive outcome to this.
That trumpet started out as a single head about 3yrs ago. It's only ever been under marineland reef lights and had done awesome in every tank it has been in.

I would frag it, but it's glued to that rock and I don't want to remove the whole rock

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got to say generators are deffintly worth it just got mine a 12000 watt one should power almost the whole house

But losing all the food in the fridge and all my sps and fish and corals was more them the generator costed so deffintly worth the peace of mind

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great News ! Hooray ! If all else fails any Dc pump even a Rule bilge pump for boats & a car battery would run for a long time. an inverter can be purchased at an auto parts store for Ac pumps. Now that generac standby run on propane would be very nice, like a couple grand+ out your pocket nice.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear that everything worked out. That's what I wanted to avoid, having to scramble around trying to get power to the tank in the event of a power outage, so I bought a generator a few months ago. Waited 3 years after the tank was set up to get one, but now I have peace of mind if I lose power.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That sucks. By a small generator and then bring it back when you're done with it

Sent from my SM-N950U using REEF2REEF mobile app
This is unethical at best. Besides most places don’t take back small engine items when they have gasoline oil and have been used

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is unethical at best. Besides most places don’t take back small engine items when they have gasoline oil and have been used

Walmart would probably take it back. BUT...
1. I wouldn't do that
2. I am prepared for the next power outage
3. I will probably end up using it for camping as well

On a side note, the guys at Walmart at 2am were super helpful and really nice. Even loaded into my car for me.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a buddy that gravity fed a gas tank to the genny main tank using a small tube.. he could run for days like that..

Brave guy; sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Back