I vow, before the year ends, I will get this done . . . . . .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As the end of the year approaches us in 14 weeks, like myself, many of us have vowed, there is something we want to get done, or add to our systems before the end of the year. What is it that you told yourself you will do or plan to get done before the end of 2023?
For me, its getting the Hydros unit and connected as I have lost all trust in the Apex EB832. I will have my first unit and two Gyre XF350 pumps this Saturday.

What is your plan or intention before the end of the year?

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My year ends/begins this Friday evening, so it’s pretty easy for me to keep any resolution I make now.

I resolve to get my first fish on Friday!

For the upcoming year, I plan to get an AWC set up and slowly keep adding to my corals.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brace the inside my 90g's cabinet around the doors, cut out the center post (non weight supporting) and install my new larger sump. I've had the new sump sitting for months now and avoided the install due to having to take out the center post to remove the old sump and install the new one.

It's not a hard or complicated task but it will take more time than I've wanted to spend on it and everything is great with my tank at the moment so I'm hesitant to mess with it.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Brace the inside my 90g's cabinet around the doors, cut out the center post (non weight supporting) and install my new larger sump. I've had the new sump sitting for months now and avoided the install due to having to take out the center post to remove the old sump and install the new one.

It's not a hard or complicated task but it will take more time than I've wanted to spend on it and everything is great with my tank at the moment so I'm hesitant to mess with it.
I was there- took me 5 months to take the sump out of the box. Once I cut the return line, there was no turning back

c4haskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the end of the year approaches us in 14 weeks, like myself, many of us have vowed, there is something we want to get done, or add to our systems before the end of the year. What is it that you told yourself you will do or plan to get done before the end of 2023?
For me, its getting the Hydros unit and connected as I have lost all trust in the Apex EB832. I will have my first unit and two Gyre XF350 pumps this Saturday.

Hydros was my first controller and I love it. Never had an Apex but I'd like to try one as well. Hydros was really easy to set up and configure. The day I set mine up I had alloted a whole day to figure everything out and get it set up. Within just a few hours I had it all set up and running. I like that they are constantly innovating and trying to migrate with as many companies as possible. Support is also top notch. On their FB page they are constantly helping out people and letting us know of any new hydros news. I think my only "gripe" is not being fully compatible with all brands of equipment, but that's just wishful thinking. I'm excited for the new line up dropping any day now.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally fix my 120 gallon cracked center brace and get water in it

20220907_123902.jpg

20220906_234135.jpg

20230819_192214.jpg

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love to upgrade to a bigger tank.
My wife gave the OK and agrees my 3 guys need more space.
Just don't know how big.
I don't really live where larger tanks are that accessible and I'm so busy it's hard for me to drive very far to get one.
Well see but that's my vow.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I want to get a tang and maybe a flame angle for my tank. I also want to fill my tank up with some more LPS and softies

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back