Icecap Battery Backup and Octo Pulse 2 - 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Greaps

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
171
Reaction score
118
Location
Miami FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the icecap battery backup compatible with Octo Pulse wave makers? I own two Octo 2' and that have not yet been unboxed and if its not capable of running with a battery back up I will be returning them.
 
Hi @Greaps,
I checked with a few people around the office and we've actually never used the IceCap battery backup in conjunction with the Octo Pulse pumps. Since I don't know the answer to this question for sure, I've emailed @CoralVue to see if we can get confirmation. I'll follow up when I hear back.
 
Is the icecap battery backup compatible with Octo Pulse wavemakers? I own two Octo 2' and that have not yet been unboxed and if it's not capable of running with a battery back up I will be returning them.

The battery will work but the controller will NOT slow down the pump when it detects that the pump is drawing power from the battery. If you want something like that, then going with the HYDROS WaveEngine would be the best choice. Not only will the WaveEngine control the pump but it will also power it. If you have multiple pumps, you can run them all from a single controller and a single power supply. In addition, the HYDROS WaveEngine will be fully compatible with a backup battery so you will be able to decide which pump(s) run and at what speed they run when the WaveEngine detects that it is running from battery power.
 
The battery will work but the controller will NOT slow down the pump when it detects that the pump is drawing power from the battery. If you want something like that, then going with the HYDROS WaveEngine would be the best choice. Not only will the WaveEngine control the pump but it will also power it. If you have multiple pumps, you can run them all from a single controller and a single power supply. In addition, the HYDROS WaveEngine will be fully compatible with a backup battery so you will be able to decide which pump(s) run and at what speed they run when the WaveEngine detects that it is running from battery power.


Thanks guys!
 
Octo 2 draws 10watts at 100% and1600 gph. How long would a fully charged icecap battery run one pump?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new