Icecap Battery Backup and Octo Pulse 2 - 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Greaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the icecap battery backup compatible with Octo Pulse wave makers? I own two Octo 2' and that have not yet been unboxed and if its not capable of running with a battery back up I will be returning them.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Greaps,
I checked with a few people around the office and we've actually never used the IceCap battery backup in conjunction with the Octo Pulse pumps. Since I don't know the answer to this question for sure, I've emailed @CoralVue to see if we can get confirmation. I'll follow up when I hear back.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the icecap battery backup compatible with Octo Pulse wavemakers? I own two Octo 2' and that have not yet been unboxed and if it's not capable of running with a battery back up I will be returning them.

The battery will work but the controller will NOT slow down the pump when it detects that the pump is drawing power from the battery. If you want something like that, then going with the HYDROS WaveEngine would be the best choice. Not only will the WaveEngine control the pump but it will also power it. If you have multiple pumps, you can run them all from a single controller and a single power supply. In addition, the HYDROS WaveEngine will be fully compatible with a backup battery so you will be able to decide which pump(s) run and at what speed they run when the WaveEngine detects that it is running from battery power.

OP
OP
G

Greaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The battery will work but the controller will NOT slow down the pump when it detects that the pump is drawing power from the battery. If you want something like that, then going with the HYDROS WaveEngine would be the best choice. Not only will the WaveEngine control the pump but it will also power it. If you have multiple pumps, you can run them all from a single controller and a single power supply. In addition, the HYDROS WaveEngine will be fully compatible with a backup battery so you will be able to decide which pump(s) run and at what speed they run when the WaveEngine detects that it is running from battery power.

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
G

Greaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Octo 2 draws 10watts at 100% and1600 gph. How long would a fully charged icecap battery run one pump?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back