IceCap Gyre 2k

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally found out. they apparently have UPS shipped a small container of food that was added as their "free" promo.
I totally forgot about that. although why you would ship such a thing all by its lonesome is beyond me.
sometimes I wonder about these companies and they way they wastefully ship things.

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a heads up on this. The Icecap 2K Gyre doesn't exist. The specs and name possibly price is being changed. They are just guessing at this point. I'd wait until it's out to purchase and make sure it's what your looking for :)

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up on this. The Icecap 2K Gyre doesn't exist. The specs and name possibly price is being changed. They are just guessing at this point. I'd wait until it's out to purchase and make sure it's what your looking for :)
That's messed up, we already pre paid for this. @MarineDepot Can please shed light on this! I was under the impression this was a complete product and ready to go.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was as well. thought it was a finalized product and they were just waiting on stock.....
would love some insight into this.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is calling marine depot today to find out more info and most likely try to get a refund. I don't know all the details but if there taking preorders on a product that's not existing and now the specs might change I will be very dissapointed. I don't want to rush to judgement so once we find out more I'll be happy to update.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please do I would very much appreciate it, as this puts me in a precarious position. as do I spend another few dollars and get the 3k that is waaay overkill and kinda outside my comfort zone on pump price.
or just stick with the pair of jebao pumps that work OK....but im not really happy with.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's messed up, we already pre paid for this. @MarineDepot Can please shed light on this! I was under the impression this was a complete product and ready to go.

We talked to CoralVue as well. There may me a name change but nothing else with the pump has changed. It is still scheduled to come out in 3-4 weeks.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding. If the flow/specs stay the same I'm good. If it has less flow a 3k might work out better. If it's not 2000 gph then I'm not gonna use it. My wife got off the phone with staff at marine depot and they said a name change is the only difference? I really want to know for certain if the flow rate changes as I will just get another 3k.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the flow rated in at 984 or 1k. Of course nothing is for certain at this point but I just want to be honest and share my knowledge. This is the reason we didn't start selling it as a preorder.
I really appreciate the heads up. Looks like we will ask for a refund and run another 3k

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that is a bit of a disappointment. I get it though, there are a lot of small tanks out there that would benefit from 1,000 GPH. If this is accurate I have to decide do I want to run a 3K at 20-30% (and a larger footprint), or a 1K near maximum with no room for upside. My tank is a 26 gallon and 24” long, so 3K seems like too much.

Anyone with a 3K, is it louder at low speeds or high speeds? I would assume higher. Is it louder than LED fans or return pump? After it is broken in of course.

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my 3k between 30%--50% and it's super quiet. I did notice that after cleaning, it does make a whining noise for a couple hours but I think that's due to air getting in the impellers or whatever you call them. The 3K is plenty of flow for my 40 gallon breeder but if the new one remains a true 2000 GPH I may get rid of the 3K and go with two of the smaller ones just for the sake of chaotic flow. But as stated above I also don't like running like pumps at full power. So if it's only going to be 1000 GPH then I'm not too sure

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 96 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back