IceCap Gyre 2k

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Earl Karl, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2019

Thanks Jeff for the response.

2. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Article Contributor Toys For Kids Sponsor

We haven't yet heard back so I sent over another email reminder to request an update. As soon as we hear something, we'll be sure to let you know! Sorry for the delay.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

DSC reef and fishbox like this.
  3. corey01

corey01 Active Member

Thanks for trying to get to the bottom of this one for us.
    Im sure I speak for all, when I say we really appreciate it.

MarineDepot and DSC reef like this.
  4. Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I am dying to get more information on this pump I would love one hands down for my 10g Frag tank ... anything new ye Marine Depot ?

MarineDepot likes this.
  5. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Article Contributor Toys For Kids Sponsor

Here is the info I received this morning. New images are not yet available, but we'll get them on the site as soon as they are. We'll add the specs below to our product page today. Current ETA is 1-2 weeks—although CoralVue is double-checking this to confirm.

IceCap 1K Gyre Generating Flow Pump

Power consumption: 4w-18w
    Flow rate: 3600 L/h (951 Gal/h)
    Suitable for aquariums: 80-200L (21-26.4 Gal)
    Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz 1.5A D5
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 223mm x 71.5mm x 37.5mm (8.8” x 2.8” x 0.4”)
    Weight: 557g(1.2lbs)
    Cable length: Controller to pump 2m (6.6'); Power supply to controller 1.5m (4.9')
    Glass thickness: Standard Mount 12mm (1/2")
    Please let me know if you have any questions!

Happy holidays,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

6. corey01

corey01 Active Member

thanks for getting back to us with some more solid information. trying to look at and figure out your return policy. I am still not sure I want to cancel my order or anything like that.
    If I would get this and open it and install it in the tank. determine within a few hours that I do not like it and would like to return it, what is your policy on that?
    I see your site mentions unopened returns. and opened returns but unused products. can you elaborate on this some? or is it a kinda all sales final unless there is a defect with the product?

this is for a 25 lagoon. not very large at all. I like the smaller footprint. I would like replacing my 2 PH with this one, however if I get it and find I have to run the pump at max speed then its not really worth it for me. its why this is so hard to imagine. as with laminar gyre flow GPH does not always equal what you think you need from a standard PH. 3-400 gph gyre "could" equal 800-1000 gph out of standard powerheads.

DSC reef likes this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2019

Since half the flow spec has changed will the price point change?

Lovemyreef2015 and corey01 like this.
  8. MarineDepot

If you were to use the pump and then decide it's simply not for you, we wouldn't be able to offer you a refund. The reason for this is that we cannot then turn around and sell that pump in good faith to another customer. It's been used—and we don't know how the pump was treated once it's been taken out of the box and put into a tank.

9. MarineDepot

No indication of a price change at this point. A Minimum Advertised Price policy applies to IceCap products. So if there is a change, MD and other retailers will all offer it at whatever that new price point happens to be.

DSC reef likes this.
  10. DSC reef

Sounds good, thanks marine depot

MarineDepot likes this.
  11. MarineDepot

Happy to help!

DSC reef likes this.
  12. DSC reef

We're just gonna keep the pre order. It will fit perfect in the spot I need it so we will see how it performs in conjunction with the 3k

13. corey01

corey01 Active Member

thanks for clearing that up. I just wasn't sure. and I don't think I have ever ordered anything I thought there was a possibility to need to return.
    think ill take a chance on this, maybe ill try and line up someone who might be willing to take it off my hands if it does not do what I need it to.
    thanks for being on top of communication.

MarineDepot, NY_Caveman and DSC reef like this.
  14. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman Man of Many Caves R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I am keeping my preorder in place. The dual returns on my 26 gallon display will give me about 20x flow per hour. The Gyre 1K at 50% power should at least double that. 40x turnover should be sufficient for my tank for some time as it is a new setup. I will still have some leeway in both directions

DSC reef likes this.
  15. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman Man of Many Caves R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Whoops! Double post.

16. Earl Karl

Earl Karl Active Member

120 bucks is worth it for 2k, but now it's 1k. It better be around half the price now, or it just ain't worth it. That's just terrible.

DSC reef and fishbox like this.
  17. fishbox

fishbox Well-Known Member

Agreed! That price point is way too close to the 3k for me to consider a 1k unless space wouldn't allow the 3k. For an extra couple bucks I can just get a 3k, run it at a low % and have room if I want to upgrade the tank.

DSC reef likes this.
  18. imustbenuts

imustbenuts Active Member

Not sure if you’re still looking for the pump on your cp25 but I have had good luck dealing with http://m.fish-street.com/ directly. The motor replacement for the RW pumps are $35. I would assume the CP motor would be similar.

19. corey01

corey01 Active Member

So, just passed the 2 week point. any new news of this item coming into stock? or a price change?
    was also hoping for some updated stock photos. would love to know if this comes with the new controller shown at MACNA or the older style.
    I seen marine depot updated their product page slightly with a little more information.

DSC reef and Lovemyreef2015 like this.
  20. MarineDepot

We requested an update this morning and will reply back with whatever news we hear! Thank you for your continued patience.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

DSC reef likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted