IceCap Gyre 2k

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the info I received this morning. New images are not yet available, but we'll get them on the site as soon as they are. We'll add the specs below to our product page today. Current ETA is 1-2 weeks—although CoralVue is double-checking this to confirm.

IceCap 1K Gyre Generating Flow Pump

Power consumption: 4w-18w
Flow rate: 3600 L/h (951 Gal/h)
Suitable for aquariums: 80-200L (21-26.4 Gal)
Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz 1.5A D5
Dimensions (L x W x H): 223mm x 71.5mm x 37.5mm (8.8” x 2.8” x 0.4”)
Weight: 557g(1.2lbs)
Cable length: Controller to pump 2m (6.6'); Power supply to controller 1.5m (4.9')
Glass thickness: Standard Mount 12mm (1/2")
Please let me know if you have any questions!

Happy holidays,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the info I received this morning. New images are not yet available, but we'll get them on the site as soon as they are. We'll add the specs below to our product page today. Current ETA is 1-2 weeks—although CoralVue is double-checking this to confirm.

IceCap 1K Gyre Generating Flow Pump

Power consumption: 4w-18w
Flow rate: 3600 L/h (951 Gal/h)
Suitable for aquariums: 80-200L (21-26.4 Gal)
Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz 1.5A D5
Dimensions (L x W x H): 223mm x 71.5mm x 37.5mm (8.8” x 2.8” x 0.4”)
Weight: 557g(1.2lbs)
Cable length: Controller to pump 2m (6.6'); Power supply to controller 1.5m (4.9')
Glass thickness: Standard Mount 12mm (1/2")
Please let me know if you have any questions!

Happy holidays,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

thanks for getting back to us with some more solid information. trying to look at and figure out your return policy. I am still not sure I want to cancel my order or anything like that.
If I would get this and open it and install it in the tank. determine within a few hours that I do not like it and would like to return it, what is your policy on that?
I see your site mentions unopened returns. and opened returns but unused products. can you elaborate on this some? or is it a kinda all sales final unless there is a defect with the product?

this is for a 25 lagoon. not very large at all. I like the smaller footprint. I would like replacing my 2 PH with this one, however if I get it and find I have to run the pump at max speed then its not really worth it for me. its why this is so hard to imagine. as with laminar gyre flow GPH does not always equal what you think you need from a standard PH. 3-400 gph gyre "could" equal 800-1000 gph out of standard powerheads.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for getting back to us with some more solid information. trying to look at and figure out your return policy. I am still not sure I want to cancel my order or anything like that.
If I would get this and open it and install it in the tank. determine within a few hours that I do not like it and would like to return it, what is your policy on that?
I see your site mentions unopened returns. and opened returns but unused products. can you elaborate on this some? or is it a kinda all sales final unless there is a defect with the product?

this is for a 25 lagoon. not very large at all. I like the smaller footprint. I would like replacing my 2 PH with this one, however if I get it and find I have to run the pump at max speed then its not really worth it for me. its why this is so hard to imagine. as with laminar gyre flow GPH does not always equal what you think you need from a standard PH. 3-400 gph gyre "could" equal 800-1000 gph out of standard powerheads.

If you were to use the pump and then decide it's simply not for you, we wouldn't be able to offer you a refund. The reason for this is that we cannot then turn around and sell that pump in good faith to another customer. It's been used—and we don't know how the pump was treated once it's been taken out of the box and put into a tank.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since half the flow spec has changed will the price point change?

No indication of a price change at this point. A Minimum Advertised Price policy applies to IceCap products. So if there is a change, MD and other retailers will all offer it at whatever that new price point happens to be.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were to use the pump and then decide it's simply not for you, we wouldn't be able to offer you a refund. The reason for this is that we cannot then turn around and sell that pump in good faith to another customer. It's been used—and we don't know how the pump was treated once it's been taken out of the box and put into a tank.

thanks for clearing that up. I just wasn't sure. and I don't think I have ever ordered anything I thought there was a possibility to need to return.
think ill take a chance on this, maybe ill try and line up someone who might be willing to take it off my hands if it does not do what I need it to.
thanks for being on top of communication.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am keeping my preorder in place. The dual returns on my 26 gallon display will give me about 20x flow per hour. The Gyre 1K at 50% power should at least double that. 40x turnover should be sufficient for my tank for some time as it is a new setup. I will still have some leeway in both directions

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120 bucks is worth it for 2k, but now it's 1k. It better be around half the price now, or it just ain't worth it. That's just terrible.
Agreed! That price point is way too close to the 3k for me to consider a 1k unless space wouldn't allow the 3k. For an extra couple bucks I can just get a 3k, run it at a low % and have room if I want to upgrade the tank.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of the gyre pumps. I have the original gyre 150 which runs my 6' 125 FOWLR tank nicely. however thats not to say it hasnt had its share of problems. I find myself constantly cleaning it. as I have never seen anything build up scum quite like it does. and if you dont keep it pristine it will chew through the bushings like nothing else. I have had it, my notes say since 3-5-16 and I have replaced the wear parts the rubber sleeves and the plastic bushings at least 5 times since I got it. I have ran through all the extras they give you in the box. and had to buy some from the website. 7 dollar shipping for 2 dollars of rubber rings and posts. not what I would call acceptable for $250 of product.

however. I am willing to overlook these kinds of drawbacks with the icecap brand as going in paying 120-140 dollars having to run through "wear" parts isn't quite as big a deal I don't think. like I said I love my gyre. and im hoping this one pleases me just as much. and kind of hoping theres some small revisions that would keep the parts from wearing out the same. however there really needs to be more information brought to light about the new icecap gyres. there isnt even a page placeholder on the coralvue website. and honestly I think that would solve a lot of these issues we seem to be running around in circles looking to solve such as an official name and proper GPH output. Ive preordered and at this point an just hoping something decent shows up.

but all of this really is just trying to get over being burned by the jebao pumps. I bought a cp25 when they came out. within 3 months the motor was burned up. wouldn't turn anymore. I have actually spent the last few months trying to source a replacement cp-25 motor from various sellers but have had no luck. really disappointing looking at the pile pf parts that dosent do anything sitting beside the tank. keep telling myself to throw them away but not sure I can really bring myself to do it.

just wish there was something concrete to go on. and to know what we are really buying at this point. I can see why saltwater aquarium said they refused to do the preorder for them. too much is still up in the air.
Not sure if you’re still looking for the pump on your cp25 but I have had good luck dealing with http://m.fish-street.com/ directly. The motor replacement for the RW pumps are $35. I would assume the CP motor would be similar.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, just passed the 2 week point. any new news of this item coming into stock? or a price change?
was also hoping for some updated stock photos. would love to know if this comes with the new controller shown at MACNA or the older style.
I seen marine depot updated their product page slightly with a little more information.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, just passed the 2 week point. any new news of this item coming into stock? or a price change?
was also hoping for some updated stock photos. would love to know if this comes with the new controller shown at MACNA or the older style.
I seen marine depot updated their product page slightly with a little more information.

We requested an update this morning and will reply back with whatever news we hear! Thank you for your continued patience.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back