IceCap Gyre 2k

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think im in this boat as well, I like the small size but at the price point. there is no good reason I can come up with to get the now 1K and not the 3K. and all the extra time to think about it isnt helping lol.
especially thinking ahead. a 3k pump would be much more versatile on future builds than a 1k.
any chance this would fall to the sub $100 range.

also there's talk a of a new video posted on the gyre 1k? any links?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing that marine depot has not answered the questions I asked about flow of the pump it shows me that coralvue gave us accurate information and marine depot is guessing at this point. If coralvue is watching this thread I would imagine they would be chimed in by now. It's very disappointing for us.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's not throw @MarineDepot under the bus. They probably didn't read through that part. Let's get this settled. @MarineDepot, just tell us everything you guys know about this product. We need to get to the bottom of this, people are getting more frustrated.
My intentions are not to throw marine depot under the bus? I'm explaining what coralvue told us on the phone and gave them a chance to explain. I tagged marine depot as well. The only updates I'm seeing is when they can sell them. I'm dissapointed. We've been very loyal customers of marine depot for a long time. I agree with you.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were kinda... hostile. Anyways, let's just wait for them to explain. So far we are getting nothing. It's good that we have a good idea on the release date, but I'm more concerned about the price. That is the deal breaker. I don't mind flow because this is going on a nano tank.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facts would be nice for sure. Coralvue could not give my wife specs on the pump due to it being in development. An employee of marine depot told my wife the flow is still 2000gph but only the name has changed. Coral vie told us that it would be around 3 months until a true release date and that marine depot was told not to put it up for pre order. Flow is a big deal for the current price point which marine depot said that has not changed. That's all I know. Hopefully clarification is coming for everyone. Not trying to be hostile, just honest. Sometimes it's hard to decipher.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing that marine depot has not answered the questions I asked about flow of the pump it shows me that coralvue gave us accurate information and marine depot is guessing at this point. If coralvue is watching this thread I would imagine they would be chimed in by now. It's very disappointing for us.

CoralVue's VP of Sales told me December 6 the flow rate of the Gyre 1K is 951 gallons per hour, which I posted in this thread.

I asked if the retail price will be changing before its release at 10:10 AM PST today since that is a point of contention for some.

I can be reached at 714-385-0080 x688 if you guys any questions while we await a response from CoralVue.

Ok, let's not throw @MarineDepot under the bus. They probably didn't read through that part. Let's get this settled. @MarineDepot, just tell us everything you guys know about this product. We need to get to the bottom of this, people are getting more frustrated.

Thanks, Earl. :) Everyone participating in this thread is receiving the most up-to-date information we are hearing/receiving about this pump. I'm sharing your questions with our IceCap buyer and my contact at CoralVue whom I trust. If there is information you are seeking that hasn't already been addressed in this thread I will do my best to get it answered as quickly as possible.

My intentions are not to throw marine depot under the bus? I'm explaining what coralvue told us on the phone and gave them a chance to explain. I tagged marine depot as well. The only updates I'm seeing is when they can sell them. I'm dissapointed. We've been very loyal customers of marine depot for a long time. I agree with you.

Facts would be nice for sure. Coralvue could not give my wife specs on the pump due to it being in development. An employee of marine depot told my wife the flow is still 2000gph but only the name has changed. Coral vie told us that it would be around 3 months until a true release date and that marine depot was told not to put it up for pre order. Flow is a big deal for the current price point which marine depot said that has not changed. That's all I know. Hopefully clarification is coming for everyone. Not trying to be hostile, just honest. Sometimes it's hard to decipher.

My guess is (bear in mind I'm just speculating here, this is in no way official) that CoralVue received updated information after you spoke with their representative or the most updated information hadn't been disseminated throughout the company at that point regarding availability.

The staffer on our side who stated the flow rate is 2000 GPH was wrong (based on specs provided to us by CoralVue 12/6). I have to apologize on his/her behalf since I'm not sure to whom you spoke with. I walked over to our support department just now and asked that our support manager make sure all our CSRs are aware of this.

We would not have put the pump up for pre-order if we were explicitly told not to. This isn't such a cutthroat industry where being first makes that much of a difference. And CoralVue are our friends and an important business partner. We wouldn't just ignore a request like that. We put the pump on our site on 10/17 as coming soon. On 10/27 it was updated to pre-order. We were hearing at the time the pump would be available in November and December. We had faith it would be.

Jeff @ Marine Depot
714-385-0080 x688

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue confirmed today to me they expect release by February. I had inquired about some specifics regarding the 3K for my small system and as I expected they felt it would be too much. They suggested the 1K confirming what I had already planned.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, we know. I was more concerned about flow. It was an email correspondence and I did not specifically ask about price.

I hear the drumming though and I had a feeling you would mention it when I posted. A price drop would be great of course, but I am not holding my breath.

pastelball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue confirmed today to me they expect release by February. I had inquired about some specifics regarding the 3K for my small system and as I expected they felt it would be too much. They suggested the 1K confirming what I had already planned.
What size tank are you going to run it in?

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JBJ Rimless 30 gallon aquarium. Dual returns will be two MJ 1200 which max at 295 GPH each. I will probably use the Vivid Aquarium Aquatics random flow generators on the returns which will likely restrict their flow a little. With the 1K gyre plus returns I should be able to reach 40-50 x turnover in the display tank should I want it that high.

Bowlopho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they’re coming out with both!! I mean they introduced the 2k at macna so it’s a possibility

macnets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jebao is on its last breath, I need this gyre for my nuvo 20 [emoji22]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back