IceCap Gyre 2k

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on an updated price? Or are they still Holding firm?

We explicitly asked about the price since that is a point of contention for some but they did not comment on it in any of our communications about this thread.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grr... that makes me so frustrated. I swear to God if they don't change the price to an acceptable one, I'll just buy one just to smash it with a hammer, film it, and send the video to CoralVue.
That's the only way $100-120 is worth it. I will only accept $90 and below.
we better get an answer out of this my hands are purple from drum-rolling for almost a month

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a touchy topic and frustrating but in all honesty I don't fully blame coralvue. Not trying to bash marine depot or start a war but the woman we spoke to specifically said this was one of the reasons a preorder was not recommended because the pump size and specs were not developed. With that said, I fully agree that anything over 100 dollars is to much IMO. We can get the 3k from our LFS for 130 all day.

Jfourn83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me with only having a 20 gallon the 1k will be perfect ..... i am willing to pay the price for a product that suits my system

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me with only having a 20 gallon the 1k will be perfect ..... i am willing to pay the price for a product that suits my system
That will be a perfect fit. I don't think the 1k will keep up with 3k in our 75 but I like how small it is. It would've fit perfect by the over flow. I'm sure it's gonna be a great pump, I love the 3k.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much consideration, I do agree the price should be lower. I know I seemed to support the current expected pricing, but was really still mulling it over in my head. Despite having a similar controller, the flow is just way, way lower than the 3K Gyre.

ccerone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 3k and installed it at the end of October. First week of December I completely disassembled it and cleaned just like a Coralvue shows in their video. Removed it again for cleaning 2 weeks ago and the impeller surface was deteriorating. I emailed Coralvue, they sent me new motor bushings, drive gears and impeller with shaft free of charge. These parts would normally cost $38 without shipping. I don’t know how many times they will replace these parts but I doubt they will do it again in 3 months. These pumps are not designed to last. I highly doubt it will make it 1 year.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting closer and closer to the 5th, Is Coralvue still avoiding answering questions on the basics? like if this comes with the updated controller? or a final/updated price to reflect the slower speeds?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back