IceCap Gyre 2k

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The retail price will be $129.99. For anyone who pre-ordered @ MD before today we'll honor that price so you'll save $10. We ordered hundreds of these although we're not sure how many we'll get in our first shipment yet. We'll know more soon.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The retail price will be $129.99. For anyone who pre-ordered @ MD before today we'll honor that price so you'll save $10. We ordered hundreds of these although we're not sure how many we'll get in our first shipment yet. We'll know more soon.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Interesting. I do not think anyone expected a price increase. Sorry @Earl Karl, but at least you can stop drumming now.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun fun. Guess pre-ordering on black Friday is the saving grace here. Looks like 100 is the best it's gonna get

macnets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disappointed with the price but understandable. Its probably a high quality pump. I’ll stick to my Chinese pumps for now

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an ice cap gyre model of any kind? Do they use the same rubber bushing on the rotors as the maxspect model? I'm going through those rubber pieces on my. Maxspect like crazy. Am I gonna do it on this one too?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an ice cap gyre model of any kind? Do they use the same rubber bushing on the rotors as the maxspect model? I'm going through those rubber pieces on my. Maxspect like crazy. Am I gonna do it on this one too?
That's a good question but I don't know.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might as well buy a ******* 3k if it only fit in my tank. Well guys, wait for the video. I'm actually going to buy one just to ******* destroy it and post it here.
Well, I guess Jebao with a **** ton of insurance is my best friend now.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey CoralVue, if you're reading this, you're a ******* idiot.
Nice try promoting the 3k by making the 1k basically the same price. No one is going to buy the 1k anymore. I really question how they're still running their business.
This thread is over. It's been good.

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it's the same bushing but I went through 3 of them on the 3k within like 6 mos. I'm pretty sure it was due to my lack of cleaning though. I got on a cleaning schedule of a basic cleaning once a month and a total breakdown cleaning every 3 months and I haven't had to change a bushing in over 6 mos now. I'm a happy camper. Just wish I could synch two units or at least connect to a controller.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it has manufacturer-set pricing. It would still be over $100 which is absolute crap. Well, it's probably gonna break anyways, since the 3k was super fragile as well, so it's not a big loss.
Time to make love to the Jebao CP-25... with a **** ton of insurance.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it has manufacturer-set pricing. It would still be over $100 which is absolute ********. Well, it's probably gonna break anyways, since the 3k was super fragile as well, so it's not a big loss.
Time to make love to the Jebao CP-25... with a **** ton of insurance.
My 3k has been rock solid. I bought it when it first came out. This whole preorder and changing specs is frustrating though.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the jebao cp25. Only lasted a few months. And when I needed parts for it the replacement parts cost almost as much as I originally paid for the pump. Even from fish street It's about the only reason I'm giving this a chance. As having an actual warranty would sure be nice.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3k is nice, only if you clean every so often. My maxspect never needed that much cleaning, but it is expensive as hell. I'm sure the jebao with warranty is better in the long run. A 2 year warranty is only 10 dollars, which makes the the jebao $80 on ebay. The replacement pump is only 15$ I believe. If the motor only last for 6 months (mine is 9 months old and still running), you would have thirteen uses, not including the regular pump and the warranty so 15 uses, before it almost reaches to the price of the maxspect 230. Functionality is the same, so it is not a huge loss. You would get 90 months out of this, so around 7-8 years, which hopefully I become rich by then and buy a **** ton of higher quality/advance future tech pumps. I think that's the best way to go honestly. And of course you don't need to buy 13 replacement motors. Hell you can buy 5 replacement pumps to match the 3k price and it would probably last long than the 3k with warranty.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back