Ich after copper treatment?

Alegeo_dragonette

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
28
Location
Cyprus
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys!
Need some more specific guidance if is possible to get ich in QT after treatment,since the topics I found are not clear on what to do in such occasion.
First of all let me briefly explain how, when and what happened.
Up on my excitement I did the most common newbie mistake.. Too many fish too fast, long story short after few days of chilling sight of DT my hippo shown ich signs and then I started researching about it. Couple days later lost 4 fish and decided to go the hard way and set up a QT 20L with heater and seachem filter 150L/h and dump the survivors inside(yellow tang, purple firefish, frostbite ocellaris) with WC every 2 days. After 15 days of copper(Cupramine) treatment at 0,5mg/L with water temperature 25°C every WS gone of the fish and now 10 days after copper removed my yellow started doing spasm movements and noticed few whitespots on fins and body. Is this possible? I dig up a little bit and found that could be lympho but I am 70% sure that is ich that survived the copper period in egg stage. Therefore all 3 fish are eating like pigs( feeding once a day half cube mysis or brine shrimp and some weed for yellow with AF vitamine) . I have another 25-30 days until they are ready to go back since DT is going fallow. My question now is how do I proceed? Going with polylab medic? Or copper again? Dont want to do extra unnecessary things and stress fish furthermore. Please give me the next step in order to save them and not stress them. Is possible going hypo with copper and high temperature? If yes how and when!
Thanks a lot guys!
QT
Salinity :1.025
Temperature:25°C
Ammonia:0
Size:20L
 

Attachments

  • VID_20210323_225110.mp4
    19.8 MB
I can’t view the video, but I always dose copper for 30 days. I’ve seen ich make it through a 15 day treatment.
Jay
 
I can’t view the video, but I always dose copper for 30 days. I’ve seen ich make it through a 15 day treatment.
Jay
Know right? Just followed the directions written on the Cupramine package. Therefore any idea of how to move next?
 
Some pics
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210324_135410_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324_135410_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20210324_135341_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324_135341_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 99
Save your medication .Treat them all with hypo . Less harsh for 2 months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new