Ich and fish treatment

Charlesbentley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have a question about fallow.

I had a bad case of ich leading to all but one fish dying. The fish hasn’t even had one spot on it it’s a Fire fish.
The question been if I Remove the fish from the tank for the 76 days what do I need to do with the fish? Any treatment of he is fully normal? Or can he just go back in after 76 days after been in a seperate tank?

I didn’t want to put him back in after 76 days and it all happens again l. Thank you

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be best if you treat him with copper, you won’t be able to see if he has them in his gills ect....

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish was in the tank that had ICH it will need to be treated for ICH. Even if it didnt or doesnt show spots it is likely still a carrier. Better safe than sorry anyway.

You can use copper to treat for ICH or my always recommended Tank Transfer Method. I believe this is better than copper. Research and choose your method. Follow all directions carefully. Treat fish and keep in a seperate tank after treatment until fallow is complete.

OP
OP
C

Charlesbentley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be best if you treat him with copper, you won’t be able to see if he has them in his gills ect....
Thank you. He’s been in there like 2 weeks now Since all the others died but never comes out of a rock any how only for food. Looks fine but il do the copper treatment

OP
OP
C

Charlesbentley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish was in the tank that had ICH it will need to be treated for ICH. Even if it didnt or doesnt show spots it is likely still a carrier. Better safe than sorry anyway.

You can use copper to treat for ICH or my always recommended Tank Transfer Method. I believe this is better than copper. Research and choose your method. Follow all directions carefully. Treat fish and keep in a seperate tank after treatment until fallow is complete.
Thank you for the help. I am going to put the fish in a separate tank for the 76 days and treat him with copper whilst in there.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back