ICH ATTACK, 300 gallon reef. Best way to catch small fast fish.

VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask your advice or any tips you may have. My reef has had ich. It killed a bunch of fish in just over a month, then I left the tank with a couple of immune fish for 2 months ( As they were impossible to catch). Well, the immune fish still carried ich and the new fish I added caught ich within days and that was after 6 weeks of quarantine with copper. So now I have to make sure I have caught every single fish to leave the tank fallow for another 8 weeks. I'm planning on quickly draining the tank into tubs catching the fish in very low water and quickly filling up the tank again. Any other ideas?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask your advice or any tips you may have. My reef has had ich. It killed a bunch of fish in just over a month, then I left the tank with a couple of immune fish for 2 months ( As they were impossible to catch). Well, the immune fish still carried ich and the new fish I added caught ich within days and that was after 6 weeks of quarantine with copper. So now I have to make sure I have caught every single fish to leave the tank fallow for another 8 weeks. I'm planning on quickly draining the tank into tubs catching the fish in very low water and quickly filling up the tank again. Any other ideas?
That is the quickest easiest way. Only other thing I know of is a fish trap, but can take some serious time.

OP
OP
VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it!! Emptied the tank completely. Caught all but 2 fish. A small Kole Tang and a Watchman Gobi. Now for plan c

nycfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the last two? I've got a single damsel left that I can't catch in a 100 gallon so I can start fallow period so curious how it worked out for you

OP
OP
VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the last two? I've got a single damsel left that I can't catch in a 100 gallon so I can start fallow period so curious how it worked out for you
Had to drain it again. To get the last two. Even had to remove rockwork. **** job. Glad I did it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back