Ich Hair Salon

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
8,365
Reaction score
25,182
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s this barber shop near me that has a FO tank. The tank has been up forever and the fish die and they get new ones. Horrible tank to be honest. But the name of the shop is “ik hair cut” and the name couldn’t be more fitting. Just thought I’d share.

21F5F651-BC23-4E21-8772-6F0D0DC2EBCC.jpeg
 
Oh my. Poor fish, I really hate how people can’t see they are little souls and it’s our responsibility to care for them :(
 
Oh my. Poor fish, I really hate how people can’t see they are little souls and it’s our responsibility to care for them :(

Its hard though- people draw the line at different locations. Does a hermit crab have a soul/qualify as potential victim of animal abuse? A snail? A bee? A mosquito?Personally, I draw the line at insects.

Within psychology, animal abuse of things with fur is a strong predictor of sociopathy. So perhaps that could be the arbitrary line. Our sense of ethics is all over the place, and fluid across time. We can boil lobsters alive, but it would be considered "bad" to swat a butterfly, or eat animals alive.
 
Its hard though- people draw the line at different locations. Does a hermit crab have a soul/qualify as potential victim of animal abuse? A snail? A bee? A mosquito?Personally, I draw the line at insects.

Within psychology, animal abuse of things with fur is a strong predictor of sociopathy. So perhaps that could be the arbitrary line. Our sense of ethics is all over the place, and fluid across time. We can boil lobsters alive, but it would be considered "bad" to swat a butterfly, or eat animals alive.


Yeah. Having hermits, I can see they are abused a lot. And yes people don’t think about it. Painted shells slowly suffocate them, and they get poisoned by the paint that chips off. Calcium sand cements them in their shells.

Some insects I consider pests. Some are fish food. Some are beneficial to our environment.

Definitely a lot of grey areas in it with a lot of people, myself included.
 
Its hard though- people draw the line at different locations. Does a hermit crab have a soul/qualify as potential victim of animal abuse? A snail? A bee? A mosquito?Personally, I draw the line at insects.

Within psychology, animal abuse of things with fur is a strong predictor of sociopathy. So perhaps that could be the arbitrary line. Our sense of ethics is all over the place, and fluid across time. We can boil lobsters alive, but it would be considered "bad" to swat a butterfly, or eat animals alive.
Case by case basis. That’s how us humans do it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new