Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay my friend, I knew you would say that thats why I said:

With the emphasis on "home". Your 185,000 gallon tank is not exactly a "home" tank as fish would not be stressed in that tank and the fish think they are in the sea. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

If you did not quarantine that tank, I doubt you would have any fish die from parasites as I have never seen a fish in the sea dying from parasites under "normal" conditions and I have spent about 400 hours underwater. Overheating, typhoons where fresh water fills the bays and an abundance of RAP music will stress fish no matter where they are and they would die from something.

But immune fish such as many of us have will never die from a communicable disease "under normal conditions". If the house goes on fire, well maybe they will die, but not from parasites or as I keep saying, my tank would not exist. :grimacing-face:
Paul, that is a 185,000 system comprising many tanks, plus a variety of off system tanks that are essentially identical to home aquariums. No epizootics at all in a decade proves that the quarantine process I developed works. Sure fish died during that period, but not from parasitic disease.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No epizootics at all in a decade proves that the quarantine process I developed works. Sure fish died during that period, but not from parasitic disease.
I guess that is the case. But mine has been running 46 or so years with no epizootics either so that proves no quarantine also works. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: So I assume we can both prove things. :p

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back