OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Is the damsel still symptom-free? I think you can stop the erythromycin, but continue the copper for 30 days. No, once frozen, the tissue can't be used to identify parasites.

I only sterilize quarantine tanks if there was an uncontrolled disease issue - like in your case. If the fish had gone through the QT successfully, you would just leave it running for the next fish. So, in your case, the easiest thing to do would be to drain all of the water, rinse it out well with tap water, refill it with tap water, let it run for 24 hours, then let it air dry well.

jay
Hi @Jay Hemdal,
The damsel is not showing any symptoms and is still eating. I stopped the erythromycin halfway through the treatment. I measured copper today with the Hanna copper checker and it was 1.39ppm. I added some more copper power, and I will test again tomorrow. My goal is 2.0ppm for 30 days, correct?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Jay Hemdal,
The damsel is not showing any symptoms and is still eating. I stopped the erythromycin halfway through the treatment. I measured copper today with the Hanna copper checker and it was 1.39ppm. I added some more copper power, and I will test again tomorrow. My goal is 2.0ppm for 30 days, correct?
Yes - 2.0 for 30 days is my recommendation.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back