Ich or velvet on hawk fish?

Sorry to hear. Is the damsel still symptom-free? I think you can stop the erythromycin, but continue the copper for 30 days. No, once frozen, the tissue can't be used to identify parasites.

I only sterilize quarantine tanks if there was an uncontrolled disease issue - like in your case. If the fish had gone through the QT successfully, you would just leave it running for the next fish. So, in your case, the easiest thing to do would be to drain all of the water, rinse it out well with tap water, refill it with tap water, let it run for 24 hours, then let it air dry well.

jay
Hi @Jay Hemdal,
The damsel is not showing any symptoms and is still eating. I stopped the erythromycin halfway through the treatment. I measured copper today with the Hanna copper checker and it was 1.39ppm. I added some more copper power, and I will test again tomorrow. My goal is 2.0ppm for 30 days, correct?
 
Hi @Jay Hemdal,
The damsel is not showing any symptoms and is still eating. I stopped the erythromycin halfway through the treatment. I measured copper today with the Hanna copper checker and it was 1.39ppm. I added some more copper power, and I will test again tomorrow. My goal is 2.0ppm for 30 days, correct?
Yes - 2.0 for 30 days is my recommendation.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new