Ich

BNreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to this saltwater aquarium hobby.

Lately I’ve seen my fish swimming around with some fuzzy stuff on them.
I used some metroplex in the food hoping it would get rid of the issue any suggestions on how to fix this the fast way? And what is this???? ( 10 gallon tank)

Also have a cleaner shrimp in the tank

IMG_3300.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like either ich or velvet (I am no disease expert). Unfortunately there is no quick fix (all fish typically have to be removed and treated in a separate tank, leaving the DT empty for weeks) but I will leave the timelines and identification to those more in tune with diseases.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sorry to hear about your clownfish! I'm interested to see what others say. I'm worried it may be Brooklynella, which is common in Clownfish.

I know that there are some details that will help others better help you and your Clownfish. Please see this recent post from @Jay Hemdal (one of our fish QT and disease experts) and see if you can provide some more information:

From the above link:
"The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:
You may also get more replies by posting this question on the Fish Disease and Treatment forum here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-disease-treatment-and-diagnosis.771/

Good luck!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back